The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

He can sure organize a defence. Kicking midfielders and attackers into motion and get them playing is not exactly his job though ... and probably never has been. I would assume, Ronaldo does it more often than not for Portugal.

Walterbear

What shall I recognize here? I've said it time and again and in this thread probably half a dozen times too.

Still, have a look here and note that we sure know how to play these teams: https://rangers.co.uk/matches/

... but of late we've been lacking against the lesser sides. People blame that on various things, me included. It is most likely a combination of various factors, but as it stands the players simply fail to rise to the challenge, do not call up their potential and are obviously unable to change things on their own. Hence we do - right now - need someone to fix that in the engine room and attack. In days gone by what had 11 leaders on the park, these days we have someone wearing the armband.

the biggest reason is we now employ £200k a year players instead of the multi millionaires we used to employ, but are still expecting the same results and level of consistancy

No, buy yourself a glass that you can leave half-empty first. The point is that some folk apparently can't see anything but negativity and if questioned, seem to think that those questioning them just assume everything is fine. Which is obviously rubbish. It hardly is "just a shambles from top to bottom" though. For if that was the case, we would be penniless somewhere between 8th or 12th place.

Games like today show what we have been missing for the better part of 3 years now, a leader on the park, people who take up responsibility, and folk willing to run themselves into the ground. We had 11 Killie chaps doing the latter and that was enough. Games like today also show why we need a Naismith or Murphy, and indeed a Jones. People who get us over the line in such games. It is very much a testament of our recent luck that a guy like Dorrans is injured just now, someone who could add some steel to the attacking midfield.

I've seen enough individual player performances to see that we could have at the very least, consolidated second place,, but there is simply no high level of consistency at all, and it can go from 'brilliant team perfomance', to 'absolutely clueless' ,in a heartbeat.

Even without the names you mention, there are players already in place that should be more than capable of getting us over the line in any game , yet for some reason known only to those players ,they fail.

I remember when our club captain's job used to be seen as a real honour,and with it came a real responsibility ,but it appears to be now just an armband with no influence.

the biggest reason is we now employ £200k a year players instead of the multi millionaires we used to employ, but are still expecting the same results and level of consistancy

Come on, don't start talking sense! :devil: Far too few people will readily agree to that. We are Rangers and thus we have to *insert whatever argument springs to mind*, no matter what. We are still a long way from being Rangers again.

£200,000 a year players should still be mire than good enough to beat £50_60 ,000 a year players though

£200,000 a year players should still be mire than good enough to beat £50_60 ,000 a year players though

In a black and white world yeah.

But you also have to recognise that the demands at our club from the fans mostly creates regression in ability.

The top tier players thrive under that pressure, the tier we are buying at fold.

In a black and white world yeah.

But you also have to recognise that the demands at our club from the fans mostly creates regression in ability.

The top tier players thrive under that pressure, the tier we are buying at fold.

Unfortunately buying a player at the price we pay there are never guarantee's he is better than a cheaper option. It is the same as buying a car between 10 year old and 20 year old. there are right bangers at 10 year old but you are buying a car from 2007 and pay a 2007 price. There are some cracking cars without rust at 20 year and in far better condition than the 2007 banger but it is a £500 car.

Yeah that's it. Reality and criticism aren't matching

The club has not done enough to lower fan expectations and demands. Obviously the fans groups must look inward also and talk to the support in realistic terms.

More transparency and the use of clear precise goals and bench marks would make a huge difference and in my opinion drastically improve the players performances. Working as one we are unstoppable, infighting and pulling in opposite directions and we are cannon fodder.

Honesty is really the best philosophy going forward.

Edited by trublusince1982

Yeah that's it. Reality and criticism aren't matching

The club has not done enough to lower fan expectations and demands. Obviously the fans groups must look inward also and talk to the support in realistic terms.

More transparency and the use of clear precise goals and bench marks would make a huge difference and in my opinion drastically improve the players performances. Working as one we are unstoppable, infighting and pulling in opposite directions and we are cannon fodder.

Honesty is really the best philosophy going forward.

Yes it would seem on and off the field we can't hit our goals.:)