[FT] Hibernian 1 - 2 Rangers (Windass 42; Morelos 45)

I think the first goal will be important. If Hibs get it, their tales will be up and we'll be under pressure. Lennon will have them fired up, that's for sure, so totally agree that we really need to match them up physically.

Over 2.5 goals has been added to my coupon!

Up at Aberdeen, we started with an intent and purpose that didn't allow a somewhat distracted and unusually sheepish sheep to settle.

Tonight, I think Hibs will be up for it and we either match that or struggle.

The other issue (especially if McCrorie is out) is moving the ball through the midfield, the lack of both Jack & Dorrans is a big hole to fill.

I look at the midfield in Frankie's team and don't see any 'warriors'. As you alude to, if we could catch them cold with an early goal, it might be our best opportunity of setting the tone.

Early goals have been a feature of the last few games between the sides.

If you add up the minutes (minute when goal scored) of the last three matches, it totals eleven...... (3rd, 3rd, 5th)

We went 1-0 up against Hibs at Ibrox and they came back from 2-0 down against the yahoos on Sunday. I would still be quite nervous if it's 1-0 at any point.

We need to put a shift in for the full match tonight - Hibs won't back down if we're ahead.

I will be surprised, pleasantly, I may add, if our lads are not kicked, pushed, shoved, hacked, tripped, grabbed and slapped, off the park. Oh, and thrown to the ground at random, whether on or off the ball.

I will be more surprised, and even more pleasantly, I may add, if the officials in charge do not ignore this.

I will be completely and utterly gobsmacked, if we finish the match with a full complement of players.

Edited by Uilleam

For those outside Britain, the Austrian chaps of LaolaTV have the game on tonight ... but you have to deal with HD pic, no or German-speaking commentary. The latter might be a blessing in disguise, given the amount of rubbish you hear from the British broadcasters.

http://www.laola1.tv/de-de/livestream/hibernian-fc-rangers-fc-lde

Chaps within the UK need VPN and/or disguise their British IP.

EDIT: the chap from Four Lads Have A Dream, who seems to be rather trustworthy with these kind of news, say that McCrorie is fit. Maybe we keep TLB & Co. guessing a bit ....

Edited by der Berliner

I will be surprised, pleasantly, I may add, if our lads are not kicked, pushed, shoved, hacked, tripped, grabbed and slapped, off the park. Oh, and thrown to the ground at random, whether on or off the ball.

I will be more surprised, and even more pleasantly, I may add, if the officials in charge do not ignore this.

I will be completely and utterly gobsmacked, if we finish the match with a full complement of players.

You never know,.....Hibs may overdo trying to be physical and see a red themselves.

edit

Clancy (ref tonight) only gave 3 red cards in the league last season and two of those were in Rangers matches.

Ironically, we won the game that we went down to 10 (Kiernen, 78 mins/St.Johnstone, H 3-2 / Murty in charge)....

....but could only draw the game when Kilmarnock were left with 10 for half an hour (Away, 1-1)

Edited by buster.

For those outside Britain, the Austrian chaps of LaolaTV have the game on tonight ... but you have to deal with HD pic, no or German-speaking commentary. The latter might be a blessing in disguise, given the amount of rubbish you hear from the British broadcasters.

http://www.laola1.tv/de-de/livestream/hibernian-fc-rangers-fc-lde

Chaps within the UK need VPN and/or disguise their British IP.

EDIT: the chap from Four Lads Have A Dream, who seems to be rather trustworthy with these kind of news, say that McCrorie is fit. Maybe we keep TLB & Co. guessing a bit ....

We should only play him if fully fit, we don't want to end up with him being out for longer.

Edited by buster.

I've been listening to Murty's (as I do with every manager's) pre match interviews and he's been stressing the importance of doing the little things right. He explicitly mentions winning the individual battles, and for me this is key in a game which will be more of a physical battle than a technical one. Lennon will have his team pumped up for this game, and that should be expected. I want to see each and every one of our players match up with their allocated opposite number and make it clear from the first minute that they are going to dominate them for the full 90 minutes. That means standing tall when face to face (unlike Barton against Brown last year), and hitting them fast and hard when pressing the game. I'm sure we'll know after 3 minutes of this game how it's going to go. If we win the right to play football, we can go on and win this game comfortably. My problem with MW was that his teams never won that right in the first place. I don't expect we will have the same problem with a Murty team. If there's one thing he understands, it's winning the physical battle first.

The key to this game is shutting down/bypassing McGinn in the midfield he is by far their best and most creative player. If we can do that then they'll go long over the top to Murray/Stokes and hopefully our defence can shut those two out of the game.