McCoist on Ashley!

30 minutes ago, boabie said:

Over the years I've met Ally a few times and always thought he was a pleasant, decent human being and a good Rangers supporter.

Now I think I'd cross the road to avoid him. 

If Ashley is ever in Ibrox again I won't be back ever.

Ashley has never been in Ibrox as far as I know. I doubt he ever will be so I wouldn't worry about it

3 hours ago, Dave P said:

Ally is entitled to his view just like every rangers fan. Can I suggest he has a lot more knowledge of what went on than any of us on this forum. It was a nightmare for the fans. It could not have been easy for the players. Most of them have a talent for football. Let’s just say agents etc do the academic side of things for them. Why can we not move on from the past and accept bad decisions were made by a lot of people at a very difficult time.

How much did he pay for his shares? 70p or 1p? There in lies the truth of making a bad decision.

I'm not even going to bother reading this article. The headline alone is pantomime stuff. 

What I will say is I actually really enjoy listening to McCoist on Talksport in the morning with Alan Brazil. At this stage I hold McCoist on about as high a pedestal as I do Neil Lennon, but McCoist has found his place: the Jack the Lad on the radio. More fool us for employing him as our manager, and hopefully he feels insurmountable shame for all that transpired after. 

16 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Plus we have Barry Ferguson in the Record who can't believe we didn't sign Naismith!, he says he wouldn't like to think it was because of the way he left the club!!, nobody can blame him for walking away!.

These guys are so far out of the way Rangers fans feel it's incredible!, you can throw Boyd in there as well.

I can't believe we didn't sign Naismith either. This is a guy who was performing to a high level in one of the best leagues in the world not long ago, and playing in Scotland is like dropping down about 18 divisions. So long as Naismith has some amount of fitness, he's about to look a world beater again - mark my words.

And are we really still blaming any of these players for 'walking away' knowing what we know now? Goodness gracious me. 

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

5 hours ago, Dave P said:

Ally is entitled to his view just like every rangers fan. Can I suggest he has a lot more knowledge of what went on than any of us on this forum. It was a nightmare for the fans. It could not have been easy for the players. Most of them have a talent for football. Let’s just say agents etc do the academic side of things for them. Why can we not move on from the past and accept bad decisions were made by a lot of people at a very difficult time.

McCoist stayed in a job he knew he wasn't fit for, taking a wage we weren't capable of paying. He then continued to starve us of vital money, earning more than some English Premier League managers whilst doing NOTHING! Like the Easdales, Green, Ashley etc, McCoist was just another incompetent taking us to the cleaners. It's a shame he ruined his legacy. 

We hear of heroic tales in football like Jose Etxeberria playing for nothing, Antonio Di Natale taking on the care of his friend's sister when he died, Francesco Totti committing himself to Roma for life despite much more lucrative offers elsewhere...but what did we get in our hour of need? Our idol completely fucking us over.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

9 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Ashley has never been in Ibrox as far as I know. I doubt he ever will be so I wouldn't worry about it

I meant , ever involved in any way with Rangers mate.

He is a sewer rat and nowhere near good enough to be associated with our club.

The days of having folk like him involved are over.

7 hours ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

And are we really still blaming any of these players for 'walking away' knowing what we know now? Goodness gracious me. 

We're blaming Whittaker and Naismith for that press conference. Just that two.  

7 hours ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

I can't believe we didn't sign Naismith either. This is a guy who was performing to a high level in one of the best leagues in the world not long ago, and playing in Scotland is like dropping down about 18 divisions. So long as Naismith has some amount of fitness, he's about to look a world beater again - mark my words.

No, we are not forgiving him for his “new club” pish to justify him doing a runner.

9 hours ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

If it was a straight choice between Naismith and Cummings (and it could well have been) then in terms of age and fitness Cummings is the obvious choice.