McCoist on Ashley!

2 minutes ago, RabiDuck said:

I think it depends on the circumstances.  If Ashley rolled up to Ibrox and said "here's £100mill, off you go" then turned round and went home.  I'd take his investment.  As and when the club finances permitted it, he'd be welcome to take his money back with a small rate of returned based on the performance of the overall figures.  I don't think there's a problem there.  If that investment was tied to a say in the running of the club or any level of influence or involvement, then it becomes a non-starter, but I'd certainly take his money if it was offered without strings!

I'd shag Kate Upton if she asked me.  Probably as likely as Ashley investing with no strings attached.

Regards being taken in by Green it was something that was easy to do.

I stood in the queue for a season ticket on the start of our "journey" from 8.45 till 16.45 and still had not reached the ticket office,but my son phoned to say he had eventually secured one for each of us.

During the wait Green came out twice and spoke to the hordes and was truly convincing in his speeches and was loudly cheered by us all.

It was only as time passed,albeit quite quickly,that he was seen for what he was.

As for Ashley he is not to be trusted and would never be a "knight in shining armour".

6 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

It should also be remembered that although Ashley has "put" £129m into Newcastle Utd, it's all loans, which he will expect to be repaid at some point. I don't think he's actually invested any cash into the club.

Lets not forget the various contracts and merchandising deals he intertwined with NUFC for the benefit of Sports Direct, whilst playing on the emotions of a massively loyal supporter base; as well as all the advertising he pays nothing for (sound familiar?).

2 hours ago, Bluedell said:

It should also be remembered that although Ashley has "put" £129m into Newcastle Utd, it's all loans, which he will expect to be repaid at some point. I don't think he's actually invested any cash into the club.

NUFC Supporters Trust put out statement a few years ago, detailing what Ashley takes out and makes from Newcastle. One of their major complaints then was the amount of free advertising he got for Sports Direct. Not long after their complaint he started to pay the going rate for advertising, but like all revenues streams there, he eventually gets a slice anyway. Like our erstwhile owner SDM Ashley gets more from the club than he ever puts in.

Edited by aweebluesoandso
grammar

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

YES - If he wished to invest & could prove he genuinely wanted the best for the club. 

But it ain't happening. Read my post again.

Mike Ashely does not know what genuinely means. You are crazy if you think he would do it for the club, Aa leopard doesn't change it's spots and his history should tell you what he would do to the club.

On 19 January 2018 at 16:45, pete said:

Mike Ashely does not know what genuinely means. You are crazy if you think he would do it for the club, Aa leopard doesn't change it's spots and his history should tell you what he would do to the club.

If Ashley, or anyone, turned up at the front door at Ibrox and could genuinely prove they wanted to put serious money into Rangers then they would not be turned away because we're being kept going by directors loans at present which is not sustainable.

As for Ashley, as I said earlier, it ain't happening. He's getting out of football.

14 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

If Ashley, or anyone, turned up at the front door at Ibrox and could genuinely prove they wanted to put serious money into Rangers then they would not be turned away because we're being kept going by directors loans at present which is not sustainable.

As for Ashley, as I said earlier, it ain't happening. He's getting out of football.

I hope so for the clubs he has fucked.(Excuse the French)