Pacific Quay Musings?

33 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Oh Tom is biased.

He enjoys questioning Dave King every time his name comes up but has never discussed the financial irregularities of the Celtic owner.

Tom hears no evil. Tom sees no evil. Tom talks a load of shite.

It's pretty clear.

35 minutes ago, Frankie said:

He enjoys questioning Dave King every time his name comes up but has never discussed the financial irregularities of the Celtic owner.

To be fair to him that’s because he doesn’t want to lose his job ?

9 hours ago, DMAA said:

the Killie disallowed goal “may” have crossed the line 

So they don't watch TV replays which 100% prove it crossed the line? And if so how can they comment on it at all? Personally I knew that ball was over the line even before the replays conclusively proved it and I was watching on a sketchy internet stream at the time.

10 hours ago, DMAA said:

I haven’t noticed Tom being biased the times I’ve heard him but he’s defending his own here. The myriad of examples of anti-Rangers reporting can’t be explained away as “mistakes”. It’s simple things like reporting that all 3 Maribor goals were illegal, the Killie disallowed goal “may” have crossed the line, and the lambasting of Morelos after the red he was cleared of with McKenna’s role ignored, and then the outcry when the red was overturned. McLaughlin reporting that McLean was “caught late” for their penalty award last season when every other match report made clear that it was the wrong decision with replays showing it was Morelos who knocked the ball away and not McLean. It’s absolutely constant. 

Somewhere in and around 2011/12 Tom English seemed to become a 'paid-up' disciple of the RTC doctrine, taking a lot of his information and lines of thought directly from there. The skewed and biased nature of the RTC blogasphere (morphing into SFM) was reflected in Tom's subsequent output, use of language and even tone, when on radio.

The 'culture' within the BBC Scotland sports dept., that has become more apparent and open since Jim Traynor marched Chris McLaughlin to the Ibrox door in I think, 2015 is a comfortable fit for a continuation of Tom's 'position' post indoctrination.

You could argue he's now simply taking the path of least resistance wrt BBC Scotland unwritten 'policy' or ongoing confrontational and proportionaly light coverage on Rangers.

Back in the day when i did listen to some of the BBC output, Tom was relatively new, he was more or less balanced but he was boring. Not a particularly good commentator or pundit, even at his preferred sport, Rugby.

Since those days he has become a biased, agenda driven Sevoconian twat by reading what's posted on here, but still sounds as boring as hell. 

Edited by aweebluesoandso

One might wonder, purely for talking's sake, how Desmond, and the other oirish oligarch behind the scenes at Piggery Place, O'Neil, I think, might react should some unforeseen, or, perhaps anticipated, financial problem affecting rahoops emerge, from left field, or even from the changing room, itself. 

One might speculate that, presently,  the gorilla tape on the biscuit tin lid indicates a girding of the loins, and a packing of bags, monetary manoevres in preparation for a quick and early flight by the money men with no financial penalty attaching itself to them. 

One might almost think that the money from the cash cow is either going somewhere, or is being held in reserve, substantially for the same reasons.

1 minute ago, Uilleam said:

One might wonder, purely for talking's sake, how Desmond, and the other oirish oligarch behind the scenes at Piggery Place, O'Neil, I think, might react should some unforeseen, or, perhaps anticipated, financial problem affecting rahoops emerge, from left field, or even from the changing room, itself. 

One might speculate that, presently,  the gorilla tape on the biscuit tin lid indicates a girding of the loins, and a packing of bags, monetary manoevres in preparation for a quick and early flight by the money men with no financial penalty attaching itself to them. 

One might almost think that the money from the cash cow is either going somewhere, or is being held in reserve, substantially for the same reasons.

I think it was McCann's third share issue of the four, that was Preferential Shares?

It brought in the real dosh, the heavy hitters waded in because it was by their perception, a Klondyke. These shares pay a Dividend every year, it's lucrative. When MON left the club, due to his wife's ongoing 'illness', he was the recipient of a tranche of said shares. It's a nice pension, MON receiving monies in perpetuity.   

43 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

I think it was McCann's third share issue of the four, that was Preferential Shares?

It brought in the real dosh, the heavy hitters waded in because it was by their perception, a Klondyke. These shares pay a Dividend every year, it's lucrative. When MON left the club, due to his wife's ongoing 'illness', he was the recipient of a tranche of said shares. It's a nice pension, MON receiving monies in perpetuity.   

Fixed dividends can't be bad for those who have them, not so good for their club in years that the numbers aren't so good.

I guess DD will see it as if it were interest on a loan but it does show that the sometimes used term 'benefactor' isn't really accurate.

Just another case of the many funding the few without really knowing the details.