Pacific Quay Musings?

10 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Michael looked like he had just been informed that Papa Bear had shat in his porridge. Meanwhile, Connie had just heard her brother, Chris was demanding she once more attach the big wooden strap-on. Incest is a game for all the family.

They both look utterly dejected.  

Which is nice. 

2 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I remember a few years back Grotbags gave up the football media work to become a life coach. That obviously went well.

Yep, Connie's Life Coach company was called, 'Inner Buzz'.

Her first contract was, ra Sellik. Remember, Paul McStay always insisted there be a buzz about the place.

Sifting through the Beeb Shortbread Sports App yesterday I came across an article "Rangers in CL Qualifying: PSV carry old and new threats". Time for revenge. The article boldly stated. What followed was an in-depth summary of the PSV squad, prefaced by a recap of 12 months ago. GVB v RVB. The latter left after winning a cup stating personal reasons. GVB was ejected after a CL campaign so bad that it broke all records. Vastly experienced Peter Bosz now in charge and he knows how to win games at Ibrox. He has PSV buzzing. Destroyed Sturm Graz last round. Tillman returns to Ibrox but not as Rangers fans hoped. The 1988 EC winners have only lost one match at home in 22 games. Extremely dangerous tie for Beale's side.

Now, my assumption was this article had been penned by some Dutch PSV blogger. Scrolling back up to see who penned the article, shock! horror! None other than LIAM McLEOD. PQ's new cheerleader clearly behind all Scottish clubs quest for glory. Except for one of course. Absolutely disgusting article, the venom drips from every sentence!

Due to bad work planning I spent all but 6 minutes of last night's match in the car traversing the roads between Buchan and Glasgow with Radio Scotland Sportsound as my company. The pre-match stuff was fine, Steven Thomson, Neil McCan and Tom English weren't the worst, it was balanced and there was a decent interview with a Dutch journalist who gave some insights into PSV. They also interviewed a Rangers podcast guy, maybe This Is Ibrox(?), who was calm and articulate. Tom English threw him a couple of snide questions about fan media and being able to criticise players or the club, but it wasn't anything the guy shouldn't have expected, and frankly something I've thought about too. 

I then proceeded to listen to Rangers get hammered as wave after wave of PSV attack was launched and Rangers struggled to get possession. Liam McLeod described a game that doesn't seem to match the one my son, some friends and the posters on here watched. Dessers work rate and contribution is being complimented on here, while on the tranny he was isolated and ineffective. Cantwell was lucky to stay on the pitch apparently, something that's perplexed most of the bluenoses I've spoken to this morning. It was the crowd noise that told me we'd scored, the commentary was surprisingly muted at that point, Radio Scotland don't celebrate (Rangers?) goals like those Spanish or Brazilian commentators, that's for sure. Our defence were being overran on the radio, while here they're being complimented as our best players. 

It's a shame the commentator wasn't a bit more 'even', as the show was definitely trying to be.