[FT] Ross County 1 - 2 Rangers (Candeias 21; Cummings 83)

Good three points today - looked like it would be a stroll for 40 minutes, and then we went to pot. The weakest link today was Morelos - his touch just wasn't there and his passing was woeful, causing far too much play to break down around him. Looks like GM only persevered with him for as long as he did because Cummings is miles off match fitness - looking forward to seeing him when he's up to speed though!!

Touch apart Morelos never hid and had no help whatsoever from the point of the diamond,if that was the system today,and needs support if the balls to him have to be laid off.

He is either an out and out goalscorer or a target man he can't be both.

Remember that was how McCoist destroyed Kris Boyd's goalscoring talent.

Trust a woman to be hopeless !!!

My kid is at auchenhowie training this evening.... and the first team bus arrives back and all she says is “a massive bus just showed up”.

So I tell her it’s the first team getting back and to get some autographs for the kid.... she says “I don’t recognize anyone”...despite having a ST she recognizes ONE player, Cummings (I guess I shouldn’t be surprised as she’s a Hibby....)

The only other thing she noticed ???  “I parked beside a car with a GOSS number plate” - I shit you not :D  - when she then proceeds to say “for sure it was him because he’s kinda cute”.... I guess she recognized two players then....

12 hours ago, Big Jaws said:

He went missing for much of the game including the tracking back bits which he's normally fairly decent at. Today apart from one or two bits n bobs in the first half he looked disinterested for much of it. I was calling for him to be subbed off at around the 56min mark and thats, unlike some fans, not my normal thoughts on him.

I thought he was poor, but, overlooking the subjectivity, his energy in the middle is crucial for us; his constant pressing, running is what drives us, and in that first-half he was at the heart of most of our good play; and he even assisted Candeias -- which doesn't mean too much because Candeias makes the goal himself, but Windass finds him in space with a nice reverse ball. 

Just because he's not an aggressive, "battling" player doesn't mean he's anonymous or disinterested. Those criticisms are too subjective for me to hold any weight. Not tracking back is a valid criticism, but I don't think he was required to do as much playing where he is.  

Easy to forget that Morelos has been playing constantly now for the best part of a year so it's inevitable he's going to look a bit jaded.

Ideal chance to rest him on Wednesday and hopefully Cummings goes onto do the business too.

Cummings said after the game yesterday that he is hardly match fit and up to speed thanks to being ignored at Forest for the last few months.

Yesterday from 60 mins onwards was begging for Morelos and Windass being replaced, as neither were anywhere close to their level, despite working their socks of. Would have been perfect to throw on Doherty and Cummings and keep County in their half, as we were pressed further and further back.

Murty's post match interview on Sky was interesting. He notes (ad did JC when interviewed) that Cummings is not up to 90 minutes yet, but Murty is looking forward to seeing them play together, saying it was exciting (or words to that effect) and he thinks they will work well together.

What does that say about our system that Murty's intention is to play twin strikers? 3 at the back, or lighter in midfield?