Rangers star Josh Windass insists he wasn’t hitting back at Gers fans

1 hour ago, Bill said:

The enjoyment some people get out of finding something to be offended by

If you have any familiarity with my posting history, you will know I’m not someone to take offence easily and I often find our support as paranoid as they are. However, gesturing to your own support is a complete joke and not something I will tolerate. Particularly from someone who ultimately is an extremely mediocre player.

3 hours ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

If you have any familiarity with my posting history, you will know I’m not someone to take offence easily and I often find our support as paranoid as they are. However, gesturing to your own support is a complete joke and not something I will tolerate. Particularly from someone who ultimately is an extremely mediocre player.

You won’t “tolerate” it. Have you any idea how pompous that looks?

Some people seem to think players can make themselves look foolish and the fans have no right to criticise.

That is unrealistic, at best.  

We pay his wages.  Many of us have invested loads of money, time, effort and emotion into supporting Rangers.  Windass is entitled to act petulantly if he wants but I'm also entitled to criticise him.  That's the nature of the game.

Edited by Gonzo79

7 minutes ago, Gazza_8 said:
6 hours ago, compo said:
The lad gets booed  he gives a bit back , what's wrong with that in my day we called it banter. 

Fans are hypocrites. They give out pelters but get all offended when they get it back.

Not in my day they didn't mate. This is a recent thing that's crept into the game.

As said earlier, most of those shouting about Windass were doing so while the game was still under way.

In my experience the ones with the loudest online voices are those who do plenty of speaking and the minimum of paying to attend.

So are you going to kill him or just go support a team with no idiots this daft in it?

2 hours ago, Gazza_8 said:
8 hours ago, compo said:
The lad gets booed  he gives a bit back , what's wrong with that in my day we called it banter. 

Fans are hypocrites. They give out pelters but get all offended when they get it back.

If people who pay my wages criticise me, I'd get a disciplinary meeting (at least) for giving them silly gestures in response.  

I wish I was on the salary Windass is on.  

He's just a thicko with some footballing talent.  

Edited by Gonzo79

4 hours ago, boabie said:

Not in my day they didn't mate. This is a recent thing that's crept into the game.

As said earlier, most of those shouting about Windass were doing so while the game was still under way.

In my experience the ones with the loudest online voices are those who do plenty of speaking and the minimum of paying to attend.

I agree with you on that Boabie. I know he gets a lot of stick on twitter but he put himself on there. Most fans give him stick at the games when he is garbage. The same as any other player if they are rubbish. It’s a shame he didn’t apologise properly and all this would have gone away.

Its over now and he is stuck with what has happened. We can’t change it so on to today’s game! Let’s hope he has a good game, as they all do. Ayr will be right up for it.

15 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Some people seem to think players can make themselves look foolish and the fans have no right to criticise.

That is unrealistic, at best.  

We pay his wages.  Many of us have invested loads of money, time, effort and emotion into supporting Rangers.  Windass is entitled to act petulantly if he wants but I'm also entitled to criticise him.  That's the nature of the game.

giphy.gif