3 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

Yeh, they will portray us that way no matter what. Irrelevant if what we do the majority will attack us however they can.

As recent news reports about Hugedonkey being accosted in his car and razorblades being sent to another ex-Yahoo perfectly demonstrate.

Even if we behave like little angels for a decade, the slimy media and Yahoo bloggers will just make stuff up.  So why bother being nice? 

Would you accept that this just drives a huge wedge between the club and this fans' group?  There's no way they will have anything to do with them after this.

I don't necessarily want to perpetuate the discussion about this on this forum, but why use that language?  And why on earth would anyone have a logo which shows our supporters kicking others?  I'm not only astonished that someone thought this was a sensible thing to do, but I'm utterly flabbergasted that it gets any support, albeit from a tiny minority of fans.

I, like the club, do not want us to have any association with this at all.  What a stupid own goal to score when there is such positivity around for this match.  I had really hoped this was a ploy of the media or 'their' fans to embarrass our club.  I can't believe it's our own 'fans' that have done this.

As long as these lads do not incite violence or any other acts which could tarnish the club's brand, then why pre-judge them?
They already know Plod are watching them.
What's wrong with a wee bit of swagger and enthusiasm?

The Ultras thing explains it all, Gaffer.  Ultras wish to remain separate from the club and the word 'ultra' itself goes some way to explain the wording and the symbol on the flyer.

Ultras aren't meant to be nice and cuddly.  They're supposed to be extremists, on the fringes of the main support.  

3 minutes ago, barca72 said:

As long as these lads do not incite violence or any other acts which could tarnish the club's brand, then why pre-judge them?
They already know Plod are watching them.
What's wrong with a wee bit of swagger and enthusiasm?

Did you see the flyer?  Did you see the logo?  They've already tarnished the club's brand, which is why the club should distance itself from them.  We just didn't need this at any point, never mind a couple of days before such a massive game in the club's recovery.

Parts of our support must be more nervous than I thought, turning this silly mole hill into a mountain and beating their chests in pompous indignation. Ive never had much time for the UB personally but ffs calm down. It’s embarrassing. 

Edited by Bill

32 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

Did you see the flyer?  Did you see the logo?  They've already tarnished the club's brand, which is why the club should distance itself from them.  We just didn't need this at any point, never mind a couple of days before such a massive game in the club's recovery.

You seem to be expecting a donnybrook and no one has hit the streets yet. Let's just wait and see.
On the other hand look at it from the point of view of these young Ultras. For the past six years their heads have been down because of the situation with the club. Now, for the first time in all of those years, they have a genuine chance to celebrate their club's march to the pinnacle of Scottish football.
Do you really want to kill their passion and pride of promise they have for their club?

They want to appear separate from the club so fine. They want to be a bit Gallas  and and are up for the first time in years. So long as nobody is injured so what?

If there was a flyer re “H@ns” you think there would be such an outcry??.....no me neither. It’s not my thing and their methods are questionable but that’s up to them.