15 minutes ago, Bill said:

This is a joke surely. If you type the word "fëniān" you see a row of asterisks in your post. So free speech is dead even here? Shakes head. :(

As long as the board owners can get into legal trouble about it, we should accept their stance on certain words.

1 minute ago, der Berliner said:

As long as the board owners can get into legal trouble about it, we should accept their stance on certain words.

The board owners can do whatever they like, with or without legal jeopardy. I'm simply commenting on the price paid for taking such an approach. Everywhere I look there are good people cowed into irrationally submissive acts and every time they cave in the march into madness takes another step forward.

18 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

I agree,  but it's more than that for me.  I want the club to engage more with fans like us.  I'd like the SLO to read our forums, maybe even contribute and answer questions we have as well as take on board our suggestions.  We are a long way from that but I'd like to see some progress towards that.  Unfortunately, if we have words like that on our site, there is no way the club can be seen to be openly engaging with us.  That can't be good.  There's no need for it either.

I have no issue with a bunch of supporters all enjoying a walk up to the game together.  It actually sounds like fun, but when that involves language that the club does not want to be associated with, and especially when it suggests violence, it just pushes these supporters' groups further and further away from the club.  Surely that's something we can all understand is undesirable.  So no matter what anyone's views are on acceptable or unacceptable language, nothing will change unless the club works together with its fans.  This 'march' has only damaged that prospect, and that's hugely disappointing for me.

3 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I agree,  but it's more than that for me.  I want the club to engage more with fans like us.  I'd like the SLO to read our forums, maybe even contribute and answer questions we have as well as take on board our suggestions.  We are a long way from that but I'd like to see some progress towards that.

There was the Rangers Fans Working Group set up around 8 or 9 years ago. It had representatives from the major fans groups, fan organisations and websites and the SLO equivalent. It worked with the club and liaised with the police as to what was and what wasn't acceptable, and to try and promote self-policing.

The UBs were involved for a while but ended up walking away, because, as far as I can tell, dealing with the club and police wasn't the "ultra" way.

The group did have some success for a while, but it fell away for a number of reasons, part of which may have been due to the fact that another set of fans were given carte blanche to behave as they wanted.

From UB Facebook page.

Despite intimidation by the media and visits to our members houses by Police Scotland - Sunday's march to the stadium is still going ahead. We urge all Rangers fans to join us on the streets. Meet 10:45am at the Louden Tavern (Kinning Park).

Union Bears
No Surrender

8 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

From UB Facebook page.

Despite intimidation by the media and visits to our members houses by Police Scotland - Sunday's march to the stadium is still going ahead. We urge all Rangers fans to join us on the streets. Meet 10:45am at the Louden Tavern (Kinning Park).

Union Bears
No Surrender

Good for them standing their ground. The scot squad using intimidation tactics, surely not........

Behaviour like this does nothing to benefit the club or its fans moving forward.

This mentally only serves to provide others with ammunition against us.  It is VERY damaging - the usual media outlets will be all over it like a rash, and only supports their rhetoric that we are the bigoted ones.

5 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

VERY damaging?  In what way?  The press will portray us in a bad light?  They've been doing that for 50 years and Ibrox is currently sold out for most matches.  

Yeh, they will portray us that way no matter what. Irrelevant if what we do the majority will attack us however they can.

Edited by cooponthewing