2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

The Ultras thing explains it all, Gaffer.  Ultras wish to remain separate from the club and the word 'ultra' itself goes some way to explain the wording and the symbol on the flyer.

Ultras aren't meant to be nice and cuddly.  They're supposed to be extremists, on the fringes of the main support.  

As soon as they use our badge they are not separate from the club, unfortunately.  This is embarrassing.  I think a few on here are so hypocritical in that we criticise the media for portraying our club in a bad light, and then some condone this.  I just hope that if this so-called group of fans ever wants to talk to our club about safe standing, or being relocated in the ground, or anything else for their benefit, we tell them where to go.

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

As soon as they use our badge they are not separate from the club, unfortunately.  This is embarrassing.  I think a few on here are so hypocritical in that we criticise the media for portraying our club in a bad light, and then some condone this.  I just hope that if this so-called group of fans ever wants to talk to our club about safe standing, or being relocated in the ground, or anything else for their benefit, we tell them where to go.

They are having a march. Contrary to what the political establishment would like, and what the scot squad dream of, it is not an official police state. It’s a group of individuals walking to the stadium amongst their own fans. Someone has to enlighten me where the criminality is? The flyers are just that, bits of paper.

I have already said it’s not for me and I know some of them at idiots. They are young guys being demonised by an unfriendly media looking to attack us. If the want to walk to the stadium singing in a group so what? The scot squad love this stuff as clearly it’s much more of a social nuisance than serious violent offenders.

15 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

They are having a march. Contrary to what the political establishment would like, and what the scot squad dream of, it is not an official police state. It’s a group of individuals walking to the stadium amongst their own fans. Someone has to enlighten me where the criminality is? The flyers are just that, bits of paper.

I have already said it’s not for me and I know some of them at idiots. They are young guys being demonised by an unfriendly media looking to attack us. If the want to walk to the stadium singing in a group so what? The scot squad love this stuff as clearly it’s much more of a social nuisance than serious violent offenders.

It's two miles on public streets and roads.  Think of it if the yahoos and their 'green brigade' planned such a march after printing an inflammatory flyer. Knowing the type of songs and chants the green yahoos would be grunting you don't see how this can be a flashpoint we don't need

You would be more than content to see the green yahoos conduct such a march in your area in sight and sound of your family?

I wouldn't want my kid exposed to Provo ditties.  Quite happy for him to hear any Rangers songs though. 

In football, you stick up for your own and enjoy some rivalry with the opposition.  If you get upset about songs or a cartoon of someone booting a Yahoo, you must've had a fairly sheltered life.  

The point not being spoken about is the legality of this march,organisations such as the Orange Order and others have to request/inform the authorities of their intent and pay the necessary policing costs etc.

This is a completely ad-hoc march with I presume no permission from the necessary authorities so is completely out of order.

I have no time for the opposing team or fans but cannot condone the stupidity of the proposed march and think we will see multiple arrests from it.

If arrests do come from it I hope the club take action in the way of bans/removal of season tickets.

6 hours ago, Darthter said:

Behaviour like this does nothing to benefit the club or its fans moving forward.

This mentally only serves to provide others with ammunition against us.  It is VERY damaging - the usual media outlets will be all over it like a rash, and only supports their rhetoric that we are the bigoted ones.

While I agree with the sentiment, the main bone of contention for me is that (starting in the late 80s) for about a decade or two, we have weeded much of the hardcore sectarianism out of the support, simply by moving on. From the early 2000s the Yahoos and their cohorts in the media have started the whole sectarian stuff again, reaching a climax with the UEFA ban of TBB and FTP ... and quite a bit of their current stronghold on "all things sectarian" and the media's/politicians' one-sided position in that respect does come from the amount of "inactivity" and lack of being proactive by our support, the club, and its leaders (though since 2012 the Yahoos et al were shooting with howitzers at sitting ducks here). Hence we e.g. ended up with Huns being deemed okay, while the word used by Bears for the terrorist scum is a hushed and well guarded No-No! ... which utterly beggars belief - not least since the chaps they adore and adulate are full-blooded terrorists and their behaviour goes strictly agains British law.

That said, the way ahead can't be that we play the stubborn child role and sing what we want or use certain terms irresponsible. For make no mistake, should we really get our hands on 55, the shitstorm about TBB being belted out home and away will reach hurricane levels instantly.

Why someone - and not least those singers from the UBs - hasn't had the simple idea to put out a songbook that clearly states why we/they sing certain songs and what they mean in the context of Rangers, Scotland, the support et al is likewise beyond me. For decades it have been others telling us what we mean and think while Ibrox is bouncing. And no-one of these others had the club's well being in mind.

Edited by der Berliner