Make God Laugh, Tell Him Your Plans - Rangers v Celtic Preview

That was as humiliating as the 5-1 last season.  Against 10 men for the majority of the second half and we still can’t beat them.

People can kid themselves on that we are getting closer but they have been there for the taking this season and are 9 clear with a game in hand.  

Edited by Unicorn

Just now, Uilleam said:

The psychological damage inflicted today is/will be enormous. 

It's not just the result, it's the context. Today proved, where it counts, on the scoreboard, and league table, that we remain second best to that fhith, a team for child killers and child molesters. 

We can argue all we want, and claim some kind of equality, but the fact remains that they came to Ibrox, and beat us with 10 men.

I find it difficult to take the +ves out of that. 

Don't talk yourself into something. As I pointed out, we would have been in a far different position in the league had it not been for silly points lost earlier in the season. Old Firm games, no matter when, no matter where, have their own rules. As it proved today.

Like the game at their midden, they were far from the better side or controlled the game. They are good at what they do and have quality players who can hurt you. Some did, but who is to say they will do it next time or our chaps will fail in front of goals again.

Just now, Uilleam said:

The psychological damage inflicted today is/will be enormous. 

It's not just the result, it's the context. Today proved, where it counts, on the scoreboard, and league table, that we remain second best to that fhith, a team for child killers and child molesters. 

We can argue all we want, and claim some kind of equality, but the fact remains that they came to Ibrox, and beat us with 10 men.

I find it difficult to take the +ves out of that. 

You are surely kidding?  You can't see any positives?  Didn't you think we were the better team, or deserved to win that?  You are right that we have to turn in results soon, but this showed me that we are back and able to challenge now.  We've got a young team that's only going to get better.  They need to spend serious money in the summer.  We don't.

2 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

That was as humiliating as the 5-1 last season.  Against 10 men for the majority of the second half and we still can’t beat them.

People can kid themselves on that we are getting closer but they have there for the taking this season and are 9 clear with a game in hand.  

Are you drunk?  Or did you watch something else?  That is the most bizarre outburst I think I could read on here.

5 minutes ago, Barebear said:

I hope they do ‘strengthen’ in the summer. Rogers is shite in the transfer market. Cham is ordinary, his defender from Germany wasn’t quoted today (injured dud), and it looks like he’ll sell Dumbell to do it. Rogic will go too. He is by far their best player. 

hope so but that is also presuming that Rodgers is still there...

5 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

People can kid themselves on that we are getting closer but they have there for the taking this season and are 9 clear with a game in hand.  

And at the start of the season, no-one expected us challenging them for the title anyways. They were 39 points away last season and I don't think they will be again this time around, nor anytime soon. They are still 20odd million better than us in terms of players and buying power, and these last two times we almost matched them stride for stride. You can't have it black and white only ...

Edited by der Berliner

I leave you with the Guardian summary.  Interesting to see an outsider's take:

That was fantastic. A game of pace, aggression, attitude and skill – along with plenty of affirming hatred – featuring four great goals, one very good goal, a red card, and a title more or less decided; Celtic are now nine points clear at the top of the table with a game in hand. However, make no mistake: Rangers are on the way back, nurturing a compelling youthfulness and swagger. If they can add some control, they’ll be a serious force next season,

https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2018/mar/11/rangers-v-celtic-scottish-premiership-live

Updated at 1.57pm GMT

I'm disappointed to have lost, particularly after taking the lead twice, but there were definitely positives and we competed well for most of the game. It was a game we might well have won on another day. The biggest deficit is still in the quality of finishing and the delivery into the box. There's a bit to go yet but it would be wrong to deny the progress we're making.