Make God Laugh, Tell Him Your Plans - Rangers v Celtic Preview

8 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

The psychological damage inflicted today is/will be enormous. 

It's not just the result, it's the context. Today proved, where it counts, on the scoreboard, and league table, that we remain second best to that fhith, a team for child killers and child molesters. 

We can argue all we want, and claim some kind of equality, but the fact remains that they came to Ibrox, and beat us with 10 men.

I find it difficult to take the +ves out of that. 

That can only be described as shite.

Just now, der Berliner said:

And at the start of the season, no-one expected us challenging them for the title anyways. They were 39 points away last season and I don't think they will be again this time around, nor anytime soon. They are still 20odd million better than us in terms of players and buying power, and these last two time we almost matched them stride for stride. You can't have it black and white only ...

They matched us today with 10 men.  As soon as the 3rd went in we were a beaten team, who were completely devoid of ideas anyway.  

I wasn’t expecting us to win the league but we were the form team going in to today’s game and we failed miserably to take advantage.

Just now, Bill said:

I'm disappointed to have lost, particularly after taking the lead twice, but there were definitely positives and we competed well for most of the game. It was a game we might well have won on another day. The biggest deficit is still in the quality of finishing and the delivery into the box. There's a bit to go yet but it would be wrong to deny the progress we're making.

Sometimes I despair when I see Windass with the number 11 on his back. He certainly doesn’t look like he will become anything close to Coop or Laudrup! You are right about quality. 

Docherty looks the part though. 

3 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

They matched us today with 10 men.  As soon as the 3rd went in we were a beaten team, who were completely devoid of ideas anyway.  

I wasn’t expecting us to win the league but we were the form team going in to today’s game and we failed miserably to take advantage.

I think we didn’t show up for the entire second half...... that goal on the stroke of half time smashed our bottle!

4 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

We have had that discussion umpteen times during the years. They were in the lead due to a fantastic solo effort and then soaked up pressure like most teams in Scotland can do to perfection. And they are, as I noted, 20m better than the rest out there.

I don't hold it against our young chaps out there in front of thousands of people and millions on TV for not being able to come up with that crucial pass or shot ... even though, you'll have to admit that Morleos alone had two great chances to win us the game.

Generally, we did return to needless passing orgies in front of their area, instead of taking up responsibility and having a shot.

Edited by der Berliner

I've got mixed feelings.

On the one hand I am absolutely fuming and pissed off that we couldn't find a way to score again; dominated the ball, but the quality in the final third and decision-making was so frustrating. 

On the other hand, we competed quite easily; they're not ahead of us from what I can see. It's been a long time coming to get to a stage where I don't feel like we'll roll over against them. We're getting there.

I don't blame Murty per se -- the quality wasn't there from the team -- but I can't help feel a more experienced manager would've (a) made changes earlier, and (b) made better ones; it just seemed like more of the same. Tremendous credit to Murty for getting us this far, though.

Morelos is frustrating, but he's still a youngster really; he'll develop and learn to be more clinical.

(Is Windass still a dud? :ninja:  ) 

Just now, der Berliner said:

Generally, we did return to needless passing orgies in front of their area, instead of taking up responsibility and having a shot.

Yes, that's something that can and must be addressed.

4 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I've got mixed feelings.

On the one hand I am absolutely fuming and pissed off that we couldn't find a way to score again; dominated the ball, but the quality in the final third and decision-making was so frustrating. 

On the other hand, we competed quite easily; they're not ahead of us from what I can see. It's been a long time coming to get to a stage where I don't feel like we'll roll over against them. We're getting there.

I don't blame Murty per se -- the quality wasn't there from the team -- but I can't help feel a more experienced manager would've (a) made changes earlier, and (b) made better ones; it just seemed like more of the same. Tremendous credit to Murty for getting us this far, though.

Morelos is frustrating, but he's still a youngster really; he'll develop and learn to be more clinical.

(Is Windass still a dud? :ninja:  ) 

I'd say there were definitely more positives than negatives and it wouldn't do some fans any harm to remember where we were just a few months ago, wallowing aimlessly in mid table after having been humbled by the mighty Progres Niederkorn. I'd say we've come a long way and if we keep progressing the corner will be turned sooner or later.

Edit: The Scottish Cup game is clearly there to be won.

Edited by Bill

16 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

You are surely kidding?  You can't see any positives?  Didn't you think we were the better team, or deserved to win that?  You are right that we have to turn in results soon, but this showed me that we are back and able to challenge now.  We've got a young team that's only going to get better.  They need to spend serious money in the summer.  We don't.

They put us back in our box with 10 men. 

All the ifs, buts, maybes, and differing perspectives will not change that fact.