Make God Laugh, Tell Him Your Plans - Rangers v Celtic Preview

2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

It is what it is. We should/could have won this game and they and everyone else knows it. The gap has been closed and if not for the disastrous first half of the season we would have been romping this league.

Just move on, win the cup, and strengthen in the Summer window.  We don't need much now to make this a title winning team.

Certainly not much to win the league unless they strengthen to some tune in the Summer. Which I fear they will as that was a poor looking team they had out today.............which makes it all the harder to take.

4 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

Murty outthought by Rodgers. Windass is obviously the golden boy. They were better with 10 men, better organised. Shocking defending, apart from that a good performance:swear:

Well, that is the thing if you bring on people on loan from Paris St. Germain (costing millions in loan fees) and we have someone from Forest or Norwich. While their midfield-"maestro" cost 4.5m as opposed to a 600k Docherty.

Perspective is called for.

7 minutes ago, rbr said:

Poor defending for 2 out of the 3 goals , worst thing that happened was them getting a player sent off , they sat deep and attacked with pace and power , we were back to where we were at the seasons start , unable to break a packed defence down.

however we are a million miles closer than we were , a decent summer transfer period and we will be ok .

Murty will get stick but I thought he set the team out well , losing Bates was a blow , hopefully he isn't out long .

Agree completely.  I know we've all been saying it on here, but if we can get at least one strong centre half (but possibly two) in the summer, we should be in with a real chance of competing for the league next season.

We looked like we were going to run away with it at times today.  The mistakes for the goals are down to individual errors.  It just showed though that we need an intelligent number 10 to help break teams down that sit it as they did today.  They gambled against us by sitting in and hitting us on the break and it worked.  9 times out of ten though we are winning that game today.  Bring on the next one.

Edited by Gaffer

A bit of perspective from a neutral’s perspective from the Guardian minute-by-minute report: 

“A game of pace, aggression, attitude and skill – along with plenty of affirming hatred – featuring four great goals, one very good goal, a red card, and a title more or less decided; Celtic are now nine points clear at the top of the table with a game in hand. However, make no mistake: Rangers are on the way back, nurturing a compelling youthfulness and swagger. If they can add some control, they’ll be a serious force next season,”

1 minute ago, trublusince1982 said:

Played too deep all game and never pressed the ball. Can't understand why we went that route. Substitutions far too slow and why goss and not windass I will never know. 

One thing is for sure there isn't £30m between the teams.

Apart from anything else, Goss was likely to see red given he was on a yellow, going in rashly,  and the ref would love to have had an excuse to "even things up" 

The psychological damage inflicted today is/will be enormous. 

It's not just the result, it's the context. Today proved, where it counts, on the scoreboard, and league table, that we remain second best to that fhith, a team for child killers and child molesters. 

We can argue all we want, and claim some kind of equality, but the fact remains that they came to Ibrox, and beat us with 10 men.

I find it difficult to take the +ves out of that. 

Just now, SteveC said:

Certainly not much to win the league unless they strengthen to some tune in the Summer. Which I fear they will as that was a poor looking team they had out today.............which makes it all the harder to take.

I hope they do ‘strengthen’ in the summer. Rogers is shite in the transfer market. Cham is ordinary, his defender from Germany wasn’t quoted today (injured dud), and it looks like he’ll sell Dumbell to do it. Rogic will go too. He is by far their best player.