22 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

Morelos causes all sorts of bother. He ran celtc ragged.

He also missed two great chances but we are a better team with him in it.

Two great chances that could have won or drawn us the game!

Worryingly starting to think we may have looked a gift horse in the mouth with the offer from China.

Edited by DevilBlue WeeThe

Cummings is a finisher but doesn't do much else.  Morelos causes the opposition a lot of problems but misses sitters.

It's a balancing act.  I don't blame Murty for starting Cummings but it didn't really work.

Killie were well worth their win. We were exposed on our right side where they found space and cut us open. Every second ball was theirs in mid field, we couldn't break down a packed defence that made us look pedestrian in our build up. 

Got to think Murty's got a bit more learning to do

13 hours ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

Does anyone feel optimistic about the semi on the back of that performance today? 

Can Murty really be appointed full-time going forward now given that his record at home is worse than Pedro's? Taken together, the worst home record for a century!

Not only that, this was against a team that had played 120 minutes in midweek and yet they looked sharper than us if not for the whole match, certainly for the vast majority of it.

Not so optimistic about the rest of this season, but your post shows why I'm very excited and optimistic about next season.  Our home record is worse than abysmal and yet we came within touching distance of a title challenge this season.  That's how bad Celtic are!!!  We don't need to change much to win 55.

12 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Cummings is a finisher but doesn't do much else.  Morelos causes the opposition a lot of problems but misses sitters.

It's a balancing act.  I don't blame Murty for starting Cummings but it didn't really work.

Basically is was a straight swap Cummings starting for Morelos, Cummings is not suited as the lone striker role. Like you point out it's a balancing act, but it's a balancing act with both starting that's needed, Morelos is better suited as the workhorse, Cumming the more natural goal scorer. Murty has to come up with a balanced system that includes these two players, working as a partnership. 

18 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

And it took Murty over an hour to realise this.

Cummings can’t play as a lone striker. I had hoped he would have dropped Murphy (who was anonymous yesterday) and played Cummings off the left with Morelos? The team were a shambles and Docherty apart did not look interested.

Killie deserved their victory.

I thought like last week after ra Sellik were reduced to ten men, we played in front and around the opposition. Brown was the apex of their defence, shuttling left and right to the full backs' areas; yesterday, it was Mulumbu replicating those shuttles. Mulumbu was my man of the match. 

19 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Killie deserved their victory.

I thought like last week after ra Sellik were reduced to ten men, we played in front and around the opposition. Brown was the apex of their defence, shuttling left and right to the full backs' areas; yesterday, it was Mulumbu replicating those shuttles. Mulumbu was my man of the match. 

Spot on, he was by far the best player on the pitch, as indeed he was when they also done us easily at Rugby Park earlier in the season.

Murty's FIFTH home league defeat in just 11 games proves he is tactically inept, cannot change games, cannot find a formation to break down defensive formations, and dont get any bear started on his subs!

Most bears I was talking to this week were worried about this game as it is exactly the type of game we seem to lose almost every time. After feeling sorry for ourselves for blowing a great opportunity to beat our rivals, myself among many others were worried that Jimmy Nicholl and the youth coach would struggle to get these guys up for it as they seem a very mentally fragile bunch.

We now fall to just 2 points ahead of Dolly who have a game in hand, so effectively third place again. 

At least it gives the board no excuse to promote a youth coach to manager just to save a few bucks. If Murty beats the scum in the SF 5-0, then beats Dolly 5-0 in the final, it changes nothing. We have to bring in a proper manager who can achieve consistency, has tactical awareness and a variety of tactics and formations he can utilise, knows how to change games and use subs.

If you want to know what that looks like, he was sitting in the away dugout with his feet up and a big cigar watching his bargain basement side achieve an easy win at Ibrox yesterday.