[FT] Motherwell 2 - 2 Rangers (Tavernier 52 pen; Murphy 53)

4 minutes ago, SteveC said:

Missing out on Europe, you mean?  Then again, I'm not sure how big a loss it would be - unlikely to be in long enough to make more money than we'd bring in from the extra League Cup rounds. Certainly not a huge difference.  I would like to say I just want us to concentrate on stopping them next year in any case - though an awful lot has to change for that to sound a realistic aim.  (Change for us, for them and in Scottish football and society because if we ever get near the dark forces aligned against us will grow even more hysterical and extreme)

I think it would be hard - especially as we could be looking for a caretaker again after a few months unless they get it right.

It would be a big loss.

European football would make us more attractive to other managers.

It would also make us more attractive to paying supporters.

Martin & Alves are a bomb scare.

Windass is a waste a jersey

First half muscled out of it again

Murty out of his depth.

Oh and the bus from central to motherwell took a fucking eternity. Got inside a 2-0 down within 15 mins.

All in all a real shite day out.

On a positive note beer & wine in boxing booked and KFC ordered ?

8 hours ago, cooponthewing said:

Aye mate, I’m at central the now. There is a bus at 11am that takes 30mins. All the rest take ages so I recommend that one.

Otherwise the 240, 255 and 267 first bust go that way I think?

Saw you advice too late. We foolishly got on the Lanark bus which went all over before Motherwell.

14 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

It would be a big loss.

European football would make us more attractive to other managers.

It would also make us more attractive to paying supporters.

Yes, I realise the difference it makes or rather can make - a lot depends on what you do when you get there.  Last year lost us money and face and thoroughly depressed paying spectators. We need to get through three rounds just to qualify, I doubt many managers looking in would be counting on us negotiating that. 

PS I love going to away European games more than any other fixtures, I should add.  Also that I meant any Scottish club qualifying for the tournament proper. The SPHell is now so far behind that it gets rarer and rarer.

Edited by SteveC
PS

As predicted.

Docherty left to try to cover every blade of grass, the ever slow playmaker Goss dropped for someone every bit as slow in Dorrans (although he can spared real criticism due to his lay-off). Two carthorses at the back - nuff said. Outnumbered in the middle to accommodate a guy who now thinks he's arrived. A team which mainly depends on its full-backs (who are suspect defensively) to drive the team forward. We have two 'wingers' who are ordinary when it comes to creating chances. And a centre forward, limited in ability, who tries hard and can be streaky when amongst the goals.

The lack of fight and aggression is depressing to witness. Cedric Kipre crocks another one of our players. And, the opposition's main strikers are two guys who have bounced about teams in the lower reaches of the English leagues (Two and the Conference).

All told, we have no one to rise above the flotsam and jetsam and get the job done. We have a 'manager' who chews the zip of his jacket and is incapable of being proactive and reactive when circumstances demand these qualities.

The board need to step up and reward the faith and loyalty of the support by giving us something which resembles a real Rangers side picked by someone who is worthy of the position.

34 minutes ago, Little General said:

Saw you advice too late. We foolishly got on the Lanark bus which went all over before Motherwell.

The bus I got did be the same. Was advertised as express but went to uddingston and various others. Took 1hr 15mins on way back, nightmare.

21 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

The bus I got did be the same. Was advertised as express but went to uddingston and various others. Took 1hr 15mins on way back, nightmare.

We actually got a train back from Motherwell to central high Level. 1 evefy hour.

44 minutes ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

The board need to step up and reward the faith and loyalty of the support by giving us something which resembles a real Rangers side picked by someone who is worthy of the position.

Agreed, although I'm reluctant to be so harsh on Graeme as to say he is unworthy. He is such a positive and likeable guy. The job defaulted to him but he is just not ready yet. I think he will be good enough at some point in the future.

The board really need to get their finger out. The next manager must have true pedigree in my view. Another long shot/dice roll on an unproven prospect would be a mistake.

Edited by DevilBlue WeeThe

Missing out on Europe should not be contemplated. We have some decent players who should be capable of still getting us second place and maybe getting to the cup final. It is up to the players themselves to turn this around.