When will we see another league flag flying over Ibrox?

When will we see another league flag flying over Ibrox?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Realistically, looking at progress over the last two seasons back in the Premier League and the current state of the club on and off the park, when do you think Rangers will next win the title?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/04/18 at 22:59

When Rangers won promotion to the Premier League I thought it would take at least five years before we would make a serious challenge to be champions again. As another season slips by and still little in the way of solid foundations laid down, we look nowhere near to challenging Celtic. At the moment I think five years wasn't being overly pessimistic but I'd be interested to see what the wider opinions are among members

Edited by Bill

If I had confidence that we will appoint a decent manager then I'd be more optimistic,...but I'm not sure that we will. It won't be easy to attract a decent standard of experienced  manager who is 'in-demand' given that anyone who does any due diligence would see that expectations are much greater than financial support will be and the ensuing levels of presure when things don't go well can get heavy, very quickly.

Given finances, I think we need to grow a nucleas of younger players and develop a real team, starting with guys like McCrorie, Docherty and hope others like Middletion come through. Then spend whats left of our budget on experienced (but generally not over 28) relative quality  ....but many of the support won't be interested in showing any patience.

I live in hope so 2019. False sense of security springs to mind. Brown is older. Roberts and the PSG guy are loans. Dembele is not as good as he thinks. I doubt Celtic will change much which is good for us.

Don't think it will be have anything to do with us being absolutely outstanding , instead , probably a combination of events, which may involve something like brendan leaving and taking their mojo away , and at the same time ,us getting slightly better.

If things had been done properly back in 2012 instead of flyboys and pocket  fillers and a decent coach we could have been hoisting a flag this season but we all know what went down , I still get angry when I see the chances missed back in 2012 when we should have been brining in the best of youth with a few experienced players to build a good team instead we brought in some stiffs , some dumplings and some pension fund builders ,if we could only have got it done in a proper style we could be looking forward to some decent pay days from European football instead of living hand to mouth .