New manager rumours

In my heart of hearts........we need a manager with experience.......the only reason I can see  we'd go for a rookie is we couldn't get anyone else. ...and if it's a rookie there's one with some experience of actually managing a top team. Step forward Murty

I'm just not getting it folks.

# uneasy.......as they would text or something

1 hour ago, colinstein said:

In my heart of hearts........we need a manager with experience.......the only reason I can see  we'd go for a rookie is we couldn't get anyone else. ...and if it's a rookie there's one with some experience of actually managing a top team. Step forward Murty

I'm just not getting it folks.

# uneasy.......as they would text or something

McCoist, Warburton, Pedro and Murty are all managers with little or no experiencing coaching at a decent level. They all failed. Of course a rookie is the last thing on God's green earth we need. This regime is just like the last two - clueless. 

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

1 hour ago, colinstein said:

In my heart of hearts........we need a manager with experience.......the only reason I can see  we'd go for a rookie is we couldn't get anyone else. ...

There may well be something in that.

That said. I'm still excited at the prospect of such a high profile top quality player coming in as manager. I assume he would be bringing some others into the management team with more experience.

Look, if odious creep Spiers and "middle of the road" English are vexed on Twitter by the thought of it then it is most likely a positive for us. They try to damage Rangers at every opportunity so if they say we are making a mistake and pretending they give a damn then I'm inclined to believe the opposite.

4 minutes ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

McCoist, Warburton, Pedro and Murty are all managers with little or no experiencing coaching at a decent level. They all failed. Of course a rookie is the last thing on God's green earth we need. This regime is just like the last two - clueless. 

SBS, what would it take to make you happy again buddy?

The only answer I can think is is a time machine or a fairy Godmother.....just saying pal.

Our current reality is a b***h.

Doesn’t make any sense for either party. It’s exciting but the risks for Rangers and Gerard seem very high.  He doesn’t fit the criteria of knowing Scottish football and someone with a track record of management success. I pray for a transformational moment and it would be fascinating but can’t see it happening. Unless there is a large injection of cash I dont see him coming and in our current financial

position where is that cash coming from? If we did find it should we give it to a rookie! None of this adds up unless there are massive sponsorship benefits or other cash opportunities. 

I have a big two fingers to our detractors feeling which makes me hope it would happen but my head tells me it is too risky.  

Hope Im wrong but this story smacks of an attempt at good news pre ST, deflection from TOP and from the 4-0. 

Pragmatism and sensible investment may be more likely. If we appoint Gerard it’s either a stroke of genius or a desperate gamble. The track record of the board in football decision making isn’t good. 

Edited by Walterbear

5 minutes ago, boabie said:

Apart from McCoist wittering on it would appear that everybody who works or has worked at the Girodome has had plenty to say about Rangers this week.

I saw a clip of McCoist saying that unless their was significant investment then no-one, including Guardiola and Mourinho would be a success at Ibrox.

In other words, he was partly absolving himself from any blame of his personal failure in the Ibrox dug-out but is never keen to mention the relatively significant 'investment' that came his way.

-----------

TBF I don't think we are going to be able to properly consider a new appointment/project until we see both the figurehead and the backing he gets (both staff and financial / and the way the latter is invested).