New manager rumours

36 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Anybody else feel this will fail to happen and we will all be left feeling embarrassed again?

That's my fear and it's why I won't take it seriously until and unless it's a done deal.

12 hours ago, Little General said:

Whether that is true or not, it sure has put much needed exicitement into the club.

Jim Bowen Loyal

That's the Gamble

bullseye_category.jpg

If the gamble pays off....do we all get a speedboat or a caravan???

It’s not an attractive job.

It would become more attractive if we were able to pull off the signing of a player like James McArthur though. That’s the one I really hope comes off, we need favours from fans like him (as with Murphy and Dorrans) to turn things around. 

If we could get Steven Gerrard it would be the best thing since Souness and with a good assistant like Souness had we ould  attract good players as well as much needed investment as no doubt King will know 20 million times over ,go on get him in today .

5 minutes ago, compo said:

If we could get Steven Gerrard it would be the best thing since Souness and with a good assistant like Souness had we ould  attract good players as well as much needed investment as no doubt King will know 20 million times over ,go on get him in today .

The PR side of the SG rumour is one of the strongest reasons for getting him in...

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

Apparently we've been snubbed by Steve Clarke. Have to say I'm a little relieved we went for him first, and that takes away a little bit of the guilt in gambling on Gerrard :laugh:

I think we're all in groundhog day mode by now and though and no matter who we appoint we'll lose to St Johnstone at home in September and all the chat from the pundits will be "why didn't they go for Tommy Wright"

A post on FF says Clarke has said he hss had no approach from Rangers! Daily Record caught lying again it seems

Just now, ian1964 said:

A post on FF says Clarke has said he hss had no approach from Rangers! Daily Record caught lying again it seems

Did it not mention a 3rd party approach ?

If there was such an approach, then it was the sensible way to go, given circumstances.

We don't need more in your face, public knockbacks.

Given public utterings a few months ago, Clarke was unlikely to accept an offer from Rangers BUT the fact that he is such an obvious choice at this point in time, I would hope the question was asked, even if the indirect answer was negative.

53 minutes ago, compo said:

What are you basing this on?