New manager rumours

Don't get that Clyde story at all.  We clearly never offered him anything. 

At the very most he may have been asked "would you be interested?" 

That's not an offer in anyone's book.

Which in fairness to Clarke that's basically what he said.

Edited by Crimson Dynamo

1 hour ago, craig said:

No we wouldn't.  We maxed out our ST sales last year - you cant increase on the maximum, unless they change the away allocation and/or have less general sale tickets (if they even have those these days).

There is no such thing as maxed out the club should always aim to do better in all aspects from play to selling season tickets ,we can always do better.

8 minutes ago, compo said:

There is no such thing as maxed out the club should always aim to do better in all aspects from play to selling season tickets ,we can always do better.

So we can sell more ST than we have seats? 

Excellent news. 

15 minutes ago, compo said:

Do you actually understand the concept of "maximum" compo ?  So if the stadium holds 54,000 we should sell 60,000 ST's ??? :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, craig said:

Do you actually understand the concept of "maximum" compo ?  So if the stadium holds 54,000 we should sell 60,000 ST's ??? :rolleyes:

Any time I've flown in the US they always sell more tickets than there are seats.

Seriously, I'd like to see an option to buy a 1-year, 2-year or 5-year season ticket, with significant price benefits for longer terms of course and payments made up front.

25 minutes ago, Bill said:

Any time I've flown in the US they always sell more tickets than there are seats.

Seriously, I'd like to see an option to buy a 1-year, 2-year or 5-year season ticket, with significant price benefits for longer terms of course and payments made up front.

Aye, but if everyone turns up at the airport and they have over-sold... have you seen just how much it costs the airline to have people voluntarily be bumped ?  RFC would end up paying more than they make on the original ST sale :D

I would sign up to that too - I would buy a 5 year ST if there was a discount.  The only concern would be the club blowing the longer-term money in the shoter-term rather than using the "matching" concept (accountant term :D )

3 minutes ago, craig said:

Aye, but if everyone turns up at the airport and they have over-sold... have you seen just how much it costs the airline to have people voluntarily be bumped ?  RFC would end up paying more than they make on the original ST sale :D

I would sign up to that too - I would buy a 5 year ST if there was a discount.  The only concern would be the club blowing the longer-term money in the shoter-term rather than using the "matching" concept (accountant term :D )

If our football operation got up and running efficiently and effectively for a full year then maybe that would be the time to look for short-term revenue in the hope that it would produce more than any longer term consequences (ST discount for 5 year purchase).

9 minutes ago, rbr said:

Been told today this is 99% certain , also talks are ongoing for MacArthur , Oli McBurnie and kyle Bartley , dont shoot the messenger 

Bartley, I like the sound of that.