New manager rumours

8 minutes ago, rbr said:

Been told today this is 99% certain , also talks are ongoing for MacArthur , Oli McBurnie and kyle Bartley , dont shoot the messenger 

Bartley wasn't particularly outstanding when he was here previously, but he was fairly solid (from memory)

30 minutes ago, craig said:

Aye, but if everyone turns up at the airport and they have over-sold... have you seen just how much it costs the airline to have people voluntarily be bumped ?  RFC would end up paying more than they make on the original ST sale :D

I would sign up to that too - I would buy a 5 year ST if there was a discount.  The only concern would be the club blowing the longer-term money in the shoter-term rather than using the "matching" concept (accountant term :D )

I thought that, while the club could blow all of the cash on fish suppers today, they could only book the income in each financial year in question. 

41 minutes ago, Bill said:

I thought that, while the club could blow all of the cash on fish suppers today, they could only book the income in each financial year in question. 

Correct.  It's the cash side which would concern me, not the accounting of a 5yr ST.

Just now, craig said:

Correct.  It's the cash side which would concern me, not the accounting of a 5yr ST.

What would worry me even more is the inept decision making of directors who would do such a thing without specific shareholder agreement and the irresponsibility of shareholders who would allow it to happen without their consent.

1 hour ago, rbr said:

Been told today this is 99% certain , also talks are ongoing for MacArthur , Oli McBurnie and kyle Bartley , dont shoot the messenger 

Not shooting the messenger, but:

Wait, Kyle Bartley? The Kyle Bartley who played for us and was then sold to Swansea for about 1m and then loaned out to Birmingham City and then loaned out to Leeds United and has been out injured for half a season and has virtually been unused ever since? The one that has got a contract till 2021 and will sure cost north of what we should reasonable spend on such a player? Wow!

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kyle-bartley/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/67421/saison/2017/verein//liga//wettbewerb//pos//trainer_id//plus/0

1 hour ago, Darthter said:

Bartley wasn't particularly outstanding when he was here previously, but he was fairly solid (from memory)

I just remember Bartley flying into a crunching tackle on Broonaldo, sending him spinning through the air. 

Is that enough to warrant a move? Yes; yes, it is! :D 

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I just remember Bartley flying into a crunching tackle on Broonaldo, sending him spinning through the air. 

Is that enough to warrant a move? Yes; yes, it is! :D 

And pissing himself laughing in the lego-eater's face when that moron attempted "the stare" as Coker lovingly calls it.