New manager rumours

19 hours ago, JohnMc said:

Warnock was interviewed a couple of years ago and claimed then he'd never manage in the EPL again. He explained that the type of players required to play at that level don't respond to his type of management. It was a remarkably honest interview. He said he's an organiser and a motivator and that works at Championship level and below. So if he does get Cardiff promoted he might become available, and if doesn't he might stay there for another season. I suspect the lure of possible European football might be quite appealing for him although he apparently lives in Cornwall and commutes! 

I've also heard him say he loves Scotland seemed to be linked with Hearts at one time.

26 minutes ago, buster. said:

Did it not mention a 3rd party approach ?

Yeh looks like an informal question was asked in private and Clarke has done the right thing and given his answer privately whilst publicly asserting the fact that there has been no approach from the club.

1 hour ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

What are you basing this on? 

He is a big name in the game with a lot of respect just like 1986 he can help bring in the one thing we haven't had since God's knows when ask yourself can it get any worse we are just treading water going nowhere I who loves a bet can get 6/1 I have never seen it like that and the bookies seldom get it wrong and another thing if we had a coach of his stature I am talking the name Gerrard  we would even increase the sale of season books we have to speculate to accumulate 

55 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

I've also heard him say he loves Scotland seemed to be linked with Hearts at one time.

I stayed at the same hotel in Inverary. He was there with his family.

4 minutes ago, compo said:

He is a big name in the game with a lot of respect just like 1986 he can help bring in the one thing we haven't had since God's knows when ask yourself can it get any worse we are just treading water going nowhere I who loves a bet can get 6/1 I have never seen it like that and the bookies seldom get it wrong and another thing if we had a coach of his stature I am talking the name Gerrard  we would even increase the sale of season books we have to speculate to accumulate 

No we wouldn't.  We maxed out our ST sales last year - you cant increase on the maximum, unless they change the away allocation and/or have less general sale tickets (if they even have those these days).

1 hour ago, buster. said:

So the DR did lie when saying that Steve Clarke knocked us back and thus we turned to Steven Gerrard?

Honestly, I would remove all press / media credentials from their reporters for Ibrox and Auchenhowie.

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

Yeh looks like an informal question was asked in private and Clarke has done the right thing and given his answer privately whilst publicly asserting the fact that there has been no approach from the club.

He never said there had been no approach, simply said no offer had been made.

21 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

So the DR did lie when saying that Steve Clarke knocked us back and thus we turned to Steven Gerrard?

Honestly, I would remove all press / media credentials from their reporters for Ibrox and Auchenhowie.

I don't know is the accurate answer to that.

However, my guess is that no-one is telling lies.