New manager rumours

4 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

You have to wonder, if this is true??, why was he not appointed before now? does it mean the board have only just decided on Gerrard?.

I read somewhere that Gerrard had said around the turn of the year, that he wouldn't consider himself ready for a managerial job at the time and would review that at the seasons end.

Edited by buster.

3 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

You have to wonder, if this is true??, why was he not appointed before now? does it mean the board have only just decided on Gerrard?.

STV are merely saying that he is one of those on a short-list,  the "he'll be named before Sunday" press may have jumped the gun in the effort to produce a screaming headline and boost sales.

1 minute ago, Unicorn said:

Gerrard stopped Brendan Rodgers from winning the league once before, maybe he can do it again...

Just now, BEARGER said:

One thing in Gerrard’s Favour is he has already stopped Rodgers from winning a league.

You're too late with that one, guys.

You're just embarrassing yourselves! :D 

I'm trying to look  at this from  a neutral stand point  , where are we as a club , potentially 2nd in the league after one of the worst domestic campaigns in our history ,plenty of players will be leaving to free up wages and allow better quality players to come in , 2 already lined up on Bosmans and both are better than what we have at present .

Magisterially we need a decent long term appointment that will fit with the D O F and direction that the board want us to take , in this respect I actually believe they are going down the right path with a younger manager who will embrace this type of philosophy instead of railing against it .

Personally I would have went down the German route and tried for Wagner at Huddersfield , I tend to find German managers are tactically so far ahead of their counterparts however, I can see the appeal of Gerrard and what he will bring , also the appointment of Gary Mac makes total sense as a number 2.

When you take the emotions out of this , it actually makes more sense than I originally thought , also I firmly believe there must be finances in place as there is no way he would put his fledgling reputation  on the line without some promises .