Hummel kit deal also begins today (June 1st)

59 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Should we have accepted significantly less money from the likes of Adidas or Nike than Hummel were offering ?

Correct! the whole point is getting as much money as possible

How do you make as much money as possible by producing a below par product? Not how it works I'm afraid.

put it this way I'm in Calpe right now and watched Calpe FC this morning playing in a Hummel strip. Used as a cheap strip and mass utilised by most European amateur sides. Not used by many who attract large sales of kit or have any care for such. Guess it's what happens when you have a guy from Motherwell run Rangers in the same fashion. 

Dreadful strip picked by a dreadfully incoherent board drastically out their depth. Had hoped AJ would bring more brand awareness and show them transport and banking are no experience for running a club like Rangers. Cutting cloth without long term awareness harms the brand and football is all about the brand.

Nike and adidas would just give us an identikit anyway and less money for it.  Our diadora strips sold well and they were poorly made.  

It's all about the money when it comes to these things.

The new yahoo top is ghastly btw.  

Diadora never made our strip. It was a sponsorship.

A few of my mates are right into their retro looking gear and he has a collection of Hummel trainers and tops. Expense gear - £100 for trainers and £80 a top!

Hummel is a very fashionable brand nowadays.

Edited by Waltersgotstyle

20 hours ago, BEARGER said:

There were complaints a few years back about the quality of the strips, who was the manufacturer then? Don’t buy strips so no idea.

There was a lot of complaints about the early Puma strips....

Years ago there were Rangers strips being made in Romania which were on sale in that country before they'd been unveiled here.

Personally I couldn't give a monkeys who makes our jersey as long as the club got a decent deal out of it.

There's far too much snobbery about makes like Nike.