Scott Arfield pre-contract deal?

40 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

The difficulty you were experiencing was about what happens when an incoming manager does not like the squad he inherits.

Looks like you are talking about something else now.

You must be confusing me with someone else.

2 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

From FF ...

Arfield 3 year deal with additional option year and McGregor on 2yr deal - both being close to completion.
ITK posters know who the manager and number 2 will be but are unprepared to say. Number 2 is a surprise name.

Smells like Traynor.

As said, there are season tickets to be sold.

I await another FF exclusive saying Messi is on his way.

8 hours ago, der Berliner said:

From FF ...

Arfield 3 year deal with additional option year and McGregor on 2yr deal - both being close to completion.
ITK posters know who the manager and number 2 will be but are unprepared to say. Number 2 is a surprise name.

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, boabie said:

Smells like Traynor.

As said, there are season tickets to be sold.

Unlikely. FF has a few ITKs who are usually spot on and all go with the same story, AND Four lads Had A Dream have confirmed much of the above. 

15 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I expect it's as simple as the manager saying I want to strengthen the central defence. Mark Allen says ok does the research and gives the manager a list to choose from. The manager examines the options and makes a choice.

It's the best way to go.  I want the coach focused on coaching not roving around looking for players. So we then need to trust Mark Allen to provide the best available options within our means. 

Exactly....the DoF oversees the leg work in scouting players to meet the managers requirements, discusses the options with the manager, who then says "I want X, Y,Z" & the DoF tries to make it happen.

Means the manager is not concerning himself about contract negotiations etc and can focus on the playing side of things.

9 hours ago, boabie said:

Dave Messi is a decent player (no relation to Lionel)....lost a bit of pace since losing both legs, but not afraid of a strong tackle (in fairness, his wheelchair does give him an advantage).  ;)