Phew i'm just relieved it wasn't 10-0. I thought i had seen it all against them up till now, but that something else.  I was actually feeling sorry for the players, they were left out to dry today, fecking shame so it is. I 'll tell you what, there better be great things coming out in the next few days regarding the clubs future or we may as well close up under this board.

I'm hurting badly but not for me, for those players that were out there today, forgotten, abandoned and left to face that humiliation. I just want to see a spark of life in this board, because atm they are fecking dead men walking, no fight, no spirit, no bottle, fecking children surrounded by a sea of men and all our enemies, and they can't face them, cowardness at the highest level.

41 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

I do think that was not with regards to on-field matters.

How do you work that out?  He was specifically talking about on-field matters at that time and drawing a line from when we had played Brechin. 

""In terms of looking forward from where we were four or five years ago at the bottom, the progress that has been gradually made, we are probably ahead of the curve in reality if we finish second or third."

Edited by SteveC

You felt sorry for the players?!?  They were the only people that could do something about it but didn't.  We didn't expect to win, but we did expect to compete.  I am way past trying to be fair to Murty, but I've no idea what he was trying to achieve today with that setup.  It didn't make sense before kick off and it definitely didn't make sense after 5 minutes of watching the game.  However, no matter how poor the setup was, there's no excuse for that lack of fighting spirit.  Murty will go (and probably in the next few days), but some of those players just played their last games for the club too.  Like his runs into the box as a player, Gerrard has timed this brilliantly.  Our expectations are at an all time low so he only has one way to go and that's up.  Welcome to the most successful team in the world Stevie.  We are all behind you, and believe me when I say you need all the help you can get.

2 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

You felt sorry for the players?!?  They were the only people that could do something about it but didn't.  We didn't expect to win, but we did expect to compete.  I am way past trying to be fair to Murty, but I've no idea what he was trying to achieve today with that setup.  It didn't make sense before kick off and it definitely didn't make sense after 5 minutes of watching the game.  However, no matter how poor the setup was, there's no excuse for that lack of fighting spirit.  Murty will go (and probably in the next few days), but some of those players just played their last games for the club too.  Like his runs into the box as a player, Gerrard has timed this brilliantly.  Our expectations are at an all time low so he only has one way to go and that's up.  Welcome to the most successful team in the world Stevie.  We are all behind you, and believe me when I say you need all the help you can get.

The players take their guidance from the manager and the board, when you have a board that that doesn't even turn up for these games (Dave King) and appoint a manager that is clearly way out his depths, know it, but continue as nothing is wrong, then you have serious problems, Easy to blame the players, but today the manager and the board need to take their fair share of the debacle, it was coming, i knew it, everyone on this forum knew it and this board knew it.  Difference is we can't do anything about it , the board could have but choose not to. I'm not absolving the players from their part in the defeat, merely apportioning the blame.

Gave up at half time watching it. Murty plays the same formation that just plays into Roger's hands. Other teams with so called lesser players can go to Parkhead and put up a better display. If it is Gerrard let's hope he can bring some motivation, belief and organisation.

You can't feel sorry for any of them they deserve to be horse whipped,  gutless bunch of plonkers 

And now it looks like we are not be going to hear from our manager or players about the latest debacle looks like upstairs are not happy , there are fans all over who are not happy with any of them , manager,  players , and the board of directors .

Edited by compo

I said after the cup game that we were lucky, today we were even luckier. Murty is just not up to the job, that’s been obvious for a good while. But what about the players? These guys get paid handsomely yet show no fight, no desire, don’t seem to have any individual professional standards.

Made a point to be up a mountain this morning instead of watching the game as it was fairly obvious how it would end, although I did think we might make a reasonable start, apparently not.

It's pretty plain that there is no leadership on the park or in the dug-out and the players haven't been taking much notice of Murty for several weeks now. Some of the players don't want to there and just want to mark there time until they can get away in the summer.

The status quo will almost certainly see us finish 4th and if something happens in the dug-out we'd have to see what.

This is what happens when a team of million pound players go up against a team of £4million players. Not one of them can compete, they are all shitebags who know they shouldn’t even be out there, but none of their team-mates should be either.

However, a decent manager could still have mounted a damage limitation exercise & instilled some kind of confidence so his players can actually find a team mate with a pass, stop panicking & making bad decisions all over the park. A good manager changed tactics to cover up his teams weaknesses. Murty is not a good manager, not even a half decent first team boss. Steven Gerrard isn’t that much of a risk compared to that. Realistically he can’t be any worse. The only thing he did right today was avoiding the media scum, as Souness always did any time his team lost.