The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

Methinks his last two loans weren't that successful, Freiburg didn't use him that often and Bristol had a rather settled squad at the time.

54 Championship games, 17 in League One and 6 in the Bundesliga. 47 for Barnsley, 17 for Coventry and 11 for Bristol City. He was used accross the front line, but was mainly used as a left winger and Gerrard will know him quite well ...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ryan-kent/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/279457/saison/2017/wettbewerb/L1/verein/60

Maybe we'll let Windass go later in the window and use the 3m+ for more recruitements too? Murphy and Arfield can sure play in Windass' positions and Kent and Middleton plus John can work the left flank.

Edited by der Berliner

38 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Methinks his last two loans weren't that successful, Freiburg didn't use him that often and Bristol had a rather settled squad at the time.

54 Championship games, 17 in League One and 6 in the Bundesliga. 47 for Barnsley, 17 for Coventry and 11 for Bristol City. He was used accross the front line, but was mainly used as a left winger and Gerrard will know him quite well ...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ryan-kent/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/279457/saison/2017/wettbewerb/L1/verein/60

Maybe we'll let Windass go later in the window and use the 3m+ for more recruitements too? Murphy and Arfield can sure play in Windass' positions and Kent and Middleton plus John can work the left flank.

But I’m sure someone said Windass was only worth £300k..... :ninja:

9 hours ago, craig said:

But I’m sure someone said Windass was only worth £300k..... :ninja:

I think not. I wouldn't be surprised to see a late flurry of activity when the English window closes, as this usually happens sooooo unexpected, much like x-mas each year.

Edited by der Berliner

Its going to be interesting because in England, the window closes on the 9th of August so if any of our players are going to England they will be gone by then, unless its a loan I think.

On the boy Kent, heard the rumours a couple of weeks ago, so done the inevitable and checked youtube to see what he was like, looks a really tricky winger, two footed and hard working, as pete says, hopefully not to the determent of Middleton.

Do we need another winger?  

I really hope they have targets for more central roles.  Half our team are going to be loanees by the looks of it.

Edited by Gonzo79

He can play as a CAM or a Shadow Striker (10) as well, if he is of better quality than what we have I'm all for it.

I think we still have a few more to come in as well, we really need a goal scorer.

I'd rather be buying players as well, however if Gerrard and Allen think they can get the best value out the loan market then I'm ok with that as well, if that's the route they are going down they really need to win the league or the Scottish Cup

21 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Do we need another winger?  

I really hope they have targets for more central roles.  Half our team are going to be loanees by the looks of it.

It's hard for us to swallow that I know.  He might not have the funds to buy good enough players in those forward roles.  Having said that, I'd rather we had effective players that had to leave at the end of the loan period, than misfiring ones who we had to keep.  I'm hoping this has been part of a carefully planned recruitment strategy rather than an impulsive reaction to that shambles the other night.  I still can't believe that we created so many chances in one game, and scored none.  Tell me that was a bad dream.

He still has to bring in another central defender too though.  The defence has looked solid but we've got no (not to the same standard) cover if either of Flan, Goldson, or Katic get injured or suspended.

Foderingham a Target for Ipswich

Rangers keeper Wes Foderingham has been earmarked as a possible summer signing by English Championship side Ipswich Town.

The 27-year-old, who has racked up more than a century of competitive appearances in a Gers shirt since moving to Ibrox in 2015, has been deemed surplus to requirements by new Rangers manager Steven Gerrard and it is reported that the Suffolk side has made preliminary contact with the former Swindon Town stopper.

Ipswich could be in the market for a new first-choice keeper with Polish international Bartosz Bialkowski yet to sign a new long-term contract that was offered to the 31-year-old back in January.

Ipswich boss Paul Hurst has only been in the Portman Road hot seat for a month and has so far demonstrated an excellent poker face with the local media in East Anglia regarding incomings and outgoings.

Maintaining the poker analogy, just as newbie card players adopt a tight opening strategy by keeping their cards close to their chest, Hurst — a newbie to Championship football — is adopting a similar approach.

Although the former Shrewsbury Town supremo has intimated the Tractor Boys are keen to keep Bialkowski at the club, reports in Suffolk suggest any new deal would need to make the Pole the club’s highest-paid player at £20,000 per week.

Bialkowski was part of the Polish national squad that competed at this summer’s World Cup finals but did not get any game time because he was an understudy to Wojciech Szczesny and Lukasz Fabianski. The former Notts County and Southampton keeper might feel his best odds of pushing further into the Poland reckoning would be to seek a move to the Premier League, with Crystal Palace rumoured to be strongly interested in Bialkowski back in January. However, with Wayne Hennessey signing a new deal at Selhurst Park, interest from the Eagles may well have cooled.

Foderingham would be a solid choice for any Championship side. He has proven himself to be a capable shot-stopper and is one of the most-assured British keepers outside of the Premier League with his feet.

Gerrard’s decision to re-sign Allan McGregor at Ibrox from Championship outfit Hull City is the key reason for Foderingham’s demotion in the Rangers squad. Only last year, the Hammersmith-born ace signed a fresh long-term contract, tying him to the Gers until 2020. However, Gerrard is said to be willing to listen to cut-price offers for Foderingham, which will be music to the ears of Ipswich owner Marcus Evans, who operates a notoriously tight ship at Portman Road.

If Bialkowski were to have a change of heart and sign a new long-term deal at Ipswich, alternative destinations for Foderingham could include a return to west London and Brentford, with first-choice keeper Daniel Bentley said to be attracting top-flight attention this summer. Fellow west Londoners Queens Park Rangers could also be in the market for a senior keeper with only relative rookies on the books for Steve McClaren at Loftus Road. Foderingham won’t be short of suitors after becoming a fans’ favorite at Ibrox during his time under former Gers supremo Mark Warburton.

http://www.talkingbaws.com/2018/07/gers-keeper-wes-foderingham-a-target-for-ipswich-town/