The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

Kean Bryan to Rangers: Steven Gerrard eyeing up move for Manchester City kid

SunSport understands the 21-year-old is on the Gers gaffer's radar after impressing on loan at Oldham last season

EXCLUSIVE
By David Friel
24th July 2018, 10:51 pm

Updated: 24th July 2018, 10:52 pm

30 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

Kean Bryan to Rangers: Steven Gerrard eyeing up move for Manchester City kid

SunSport understands the 21-year-old is on the Gers gaffer's radar after impressing on loan at Oldham last season

EXCLUSIVE
By David Friel
24th July 2018, 10:51 pm

Updated: 24th July 2018, 10:52 pm

Might be the third CB we're looking for with the additional benefit of being more versatile than simply a CB.

Able to operate as a centre-back or box-to-box midfield, Bryan has been praised for his vision and passing ability, as well as for his long-range shots and penalty-taking

11 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Has someone got the number for the Samaritans for Rousseau?

I'd be delighted to get anywhere near £3m for Windass.

I'm not so sure

Reading today Waghorn is going to derby for 8mill

23 minutes ago, blueflag said:

I'm not so sure

Reading today Waghorn is going to derby for 8mill

And according to Steve (4LADS) we are desperate to move WesFod on and won't be difficult to deal with.

When a club whose revenue streams are limited for various reasons, are nearly always on the buttend of transfer dealings both in and out, the question is how long can that continue ?

Edited by buster.

9 minutes ago, buster. said:

And according to Steve (4LADS) we are desperate to move WesFod and won't be difficult to deal with.

When a club whose revenue streams are limited for various reasons are nearly always on the buttend of transfers in and out, the question is how long can that continue ?

The instability has been hugely damaging to the club, but Gerrard's 4 year contract is the sign that the board acknowledge that. For all the complaining about the lack of transfers in the east end, they've got real stability which allows them to take their time finding targets and sell their players for the highest possible price. You'd have thought we could have found a move for Foderingham before publicising that he's third choice.

With regards to Windass I would have liked to see him tried up front before selling. Like Lovenkrands he just isn't natural as a midfielder, but has the pace and finishing to flourish up front. The irony is that Morelos is his perfect partner. Morelos can't finish and isn't that fast but he's strong and good at challenging in the air from long balls. I'd like to see us play two up front with Morelos doing the bullying and Windass always on the last man and making those off the ball runs which he's very good at.

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

The instability has been hugely damaging to the club, but Gerrard's 4 year contract is the sign that the board acknowledge that. For all the complaining about the lack of transfers in the east end, they've got real stability which allows them to take their time finding targets and sell their players for the highest possible price. You'd have thought we could have found a move for Foderingham before publicising that he's third choice.

IMO our club is far from being anywhere near stable and we show few signs of getting anywhere close.

Instead we are run in a reactionary way that ensures ongoing firefighting that costs money, energy  and to a degree, reputation.

We have to hope that the gamble on Gerrard&Co works at first team level and that can become the main driver onwards and upwards. It's not going to happen overnight and he has to be given time and reasonable resource.

9 minutes ago, DMAA said:

With regards to Windass I would have liked to see him tried up front before selling. Like Lovenkrands he just isn't natural as a midfielder, but has the pace and finishing to flourish up front. The irony is that Morelos is his perfect partner. Morelos can't finish and isn't that fast but he's strong and good at challenging in the air from long balls. I'd like to see us play two up front with Morelos doing the bullying and Windass always on the last man and making those off the ball runs which he's very good at.

Not sure Windass’s departure will be anything to do with his ability, more the fact that his attitude is a disgrace 

From the nonsense online with his contract & then leaking to press yesterday he is dropped for tomorrow, the lad has serious attitude issues

As I said on the pod, if those bids come as expected, we won’t be difficult to deal with