The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

Hearts know we want the player now and won't IMO be for letting him go for less than 500K.

And I expect they also know he will want to go and wont be a happy camper if they force him to stay. Then just 5 months from now he's available for nothing on a pre contract.

2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

And I expect they also know he will want to go and wont be a happy camper if they force him to stay. Then just 5 months from now he's available for nothing on a pre contract.

SG to Mark Allen:....I need a CF AND CH.... NOW.

MA to board (not sure who/SR on hols): ....Hearts won't budge from X00,000, canwe get the deal done at that price ?

Reply ?

If we have more irons in the fire we can move to a different target but what CF do we get that can 'reliably do a job in the SPL/Europe' for less than 500K ?

37 minutes ago, buster. said:

SG to Mark Allen:....I need a CF AND CH.... NOW.

MA to board (not sure who/SR on hols): ....Hearts won't budge from X00,000, canwe get the deal done at that price ?

Reply ?

If we have more irons in the fire we can move to a different target but what CF do we get that can 'reliably do a job in the SPL/Europe' for less than 500K ?

Don't get me wrong, but of late, you do show a certain negative tendency when it comes to the dealings of our board et al? Once more "mindreading" SG when he speaks of wanting a striker and a CH now ... as a marker send to the Board to act. When it - in all likelihood - wasn't anything more than uttering a normal wish of slots he wants to fill.

More generally ...

Thus far, the board delivered us SG and all his coaches et al, as well as 10 players. Much of the "deadwood" has been transferred out one way or another, yet, people snap at heels if something does not go "according to plan" instantly.  It's not like jumping around and singing praises 24/7, but some sort of objectivity would be helpful. That said, should Osijek manage to sneak away with a decisive win, I reckon SG will face the - by now normal - storm in his face, when quite a few will snap and lose sight of the greater picture.

14 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Don't get me wrong, but of late, you do show a certain negative tendency when it comes to the dealings of our board et al? Once more "mindreading" SG when he speaks of wanting a striker and a CH now ... as a marker send to the Board to act. When it - in all likelihood - wasn't anything more than uttering a normal wish of slots he wants to fill.

More generally ...

Thus far, the board delivered us SG and all his coaches et al, as well as 10 players. Much of the "deadwood" has been transferred out one way or another, yet, people snap at heels if something does not go "according to plan" instantly.  It's not like jumping around and singing praises 24/7, but some sort of objectivity would be helpful. That said, should Osijek manage to sneak away with a decisive win, I reckon SG will face the - by now normal - storm in his face, when quite a few will snap and lose sight of the greater picture.

I've been critical of the board for certain things for a while now (see only Gersnet article I have wrote, December 2017).

Lately, I've seen more things that suggest to me that we are not well run as a business.

So, you are right regards negativity.............. If it's what I see, then that's what I'll say.

Siege mentality won't solve problems, it'll more than likely delay meaningful attempts to solve them.

-------------------

As for the footbal operation and SG&Co, in particular I've been very clear that we need patience and reasonable expectations.

He needs 18 months and 3 transfer windows before we can really expect to see the 'flowering of buds'. On the way towards that, steady improvement should suffice.

Okay the guy will be 31 in September but has shown he has an appetite for the game and is vastly improved from his last time with us.

We need some experience in the squad and to me Laff. is the person who will aid the younger strikers and hopefully lead them to having a sell-on value.

If we look at the squad it will no doubt have a young average age so having the odd thirty something is no bad thing IMO.

I think we should have signed lafferty last season and I'll be happy if he does show up this season.  He has shown he can score goals in this league and important goals when it matters most.  As long as he has screwed his nut which I think he has then he'll be an asset to the squad overall.  If you look around and what else is available for the same amount of money then it is probably not a lot. 

Stevie G cannot rebuild this team in one transfer window and will need to build in stages, if lafferty helps fill avoid until something better comes along further down the line then it's a good bit of business.