The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

Scotsman citing the Scottish Sun ... ?

Aberdeen, Hearts and Rangers battle for Gareth McAuley - reports

According to the Scottish Sun, Aberdeen, Hearts and Rangers are keen on the 38-year-old centre-back.

McAuley is available on a free transfer having left West Brom at the end of the season after they were relegated from the Premier League.

Aberdeen and Hearts have both had their injury issues at centre-back and want to add experience to their backline.

Hearts have recently added 20-year-old defender Jimmy Dunne from Burnley, while Aberdeen have rejected a bid from Celtic for Scotland centre-back Scott McKenna.

McAuley, who has 79 caps for Northern Ireland, is also a target for Rangers with Steven Gerrard keen to add another defensive option to provide cover for the impressive Connor Goldson and Nikola Katic.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/aberdeen/aberdeen-hearts-and-rangers-battle-for-gareth-mcauley-reports-1-4787938

9 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I can't see us signing Mance and Lafferty - probably just the latter today with, hopefully, a centre half to follow and perhaps another creative player next week.

Even with one extra CH, we are still light there, if playing the group stages.

I'd say the same for CF unless Sadiq starts to remember that he's a footballer.

Definitely need another creative player as well.

I think the EL group stage revenue is the key that might help with the above (to a better level) although unless we are 3 goals to the good after Thursday, we won't have much time after the second leg (if we go through) to do business.

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

I'd say the same for CF unless Sadiq starts to remember that he's a footballer.

Definitely need another creative player as well.

Don't know if anyone else listens to the Record Rangers pod but Scott McDermott says he knows Ross McCormack well and although there's been no contact he'd likely be keen on the move. Villa will probably accept a small part of his wages being paid.

I'm not keen given his comments re Celtic, but on an objective level Gerrard might view it as worth a punt given there would be no risk with a loan and it's a cheap way of getting quality cover for both no9 and no10. Not to mention a homegrown player for the Europe.

8 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Don't know if anyone else listens to the Record Rangers pod but Scott McDermott says he knows Ross McCormack well and although there's been no contact he'd likely be keen on the move. Villa will probably accept a small part of his wages being paid.

I'm not keen given his comments re Celtic, but on an objective level Gerrard might view it as worth a punt given there would be no risk with a loan and it's a cheap way of getting quality cover for both no9 and no10. Not to mention a homegrown player for the Europe.

McCormack is damaged goods.

It would come down to numbers and if the manager thinks he'd get a tune from him.

I'd look to include a send back to Villa clause if he starts playing the Jeremy Hunt.