The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

Seems to me we want to see how well he does with a full season in the highest Scottish league.  If he does well, we can extend his contract further (perhaps that's agreed already); if not, he can leave with our best wishes.

If we'd let him go now and he went on to have a good season, then we could have looked daft.

10 minutes ago, buster. said:

Not really getting the logic behind his one year extension and one season loan.

I think this suggests that the club is not convinced that he is good enough.  This deal appears to have been constructed by his agent, giving him a final year to prove he is good enough.  I expect he will sign with Livingston next season if they stay up.  If not, he'll sign for another premier league club.  I'd love to be proven wrong, but I've not seen anything to suggest that he will be good enough for our first team.

Just now, Gaffer said:

I think this suggests that the club is not convinced that he is good enough.  This deal appears to have been constructed by his agent, giving him a final year to prove he is good enough.  I expect he will sign with Livingston next season if they stay up.  If not, he'll sign for another premier league club.  I'd love to be proven wrong, but I've not seen anything to suggest that he will be good enough for our first team.

The only way that it makes sense is that he's been laid down the challenge to get a first team place and score top tier goals at Livingston and if he can then an X year contract would be offered.

But lets say he's successful in the first six months, then we may not be the only club wanting to offer a contract.

I think you had to give him a 2 year extension if you rate him and cut him loose, if not.

There may be a want to secure a return but as it stands we're probably going to be subsidizing a Livingston players wages who may make the first team or not (but won't be able to play against us). Is there a development fee payable if he were to go on a Bosman ?

Another outside angle is that Kenny Miller is said to be about to take over as player/manager.

Does he play himself and Hardie ?

Will he take into consideration the Hardie loan wrt other matters ?

41 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Seems to me we want to see how well he does with a full season in the highest Scottish league.  If he does well, we can extend his contract further (perhaps that's agreed already); if not, he can leave with our best wishes.

If we'd let him go now and he went on to have a good season, then we could have looked daft.

IF there is a hidden agreement you can understand the logic but as it stands, we can't see it.

8 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

I just hope we get enough strikers in to see us through the early EL games ...

As it stands, Morelos has a pretty decent chance of getting a start.

6th July is transfer deadline day for the first European tie although I think you can still register 1 player by 'end of play', the day before the first game.

Edited by buster.

A season in the top flight as a main striker is great for Hardie and great for Rangers imo. He can test himself at the top level. Best outcome would be he does really well and gets an extension and plays for us next season. It would also be good if he does well and fetches us a few of some sort. 

Rangers are battling Birmingham City for former Hibernian loanee Jamie Maclaren, Football Insider sources understand.

Maclaren, who is currently away with Australia at the World Cup spent the second half of last season on loan at Hibernian from German side SV Darmstadt.

The Australian still has two years to run on his contract at Darmstadt and Football Insider sources understand Rangers have made enquiries about possibly taking Maclaren on loan like Hibs did last season.

Maclaren is due to return to Darmstadt this summer after the World Cup, but a well-placed source has told Football Insider that the player is not keen on a move back to Germany as he has struggled to settle there and would prefer to move on.

Championship side Birmingham City are also interested in Maclaren after hie eye-catching loan spell with Hibs and Greek side AEK Athens are also monitoring Maclaren’s situation.

The 24-year-old impressed during his loan stint at Hibs, scoring eight goals in 13 games, including a stunning hat-trick against Rangers on the final day of the Scottish Premiership season.

Rangers have been keeping tabs on Maclaren’s situation and could offer the former Brisbane Roar player a return to Scotland as Steven Gerrard is searching for striking reinforcements after losing Kenny Miller this summer and seeing Jason Cummings return to Nottingham Forest following his loan spell.

Maclaren could only have impressed Rangers during his time in Scotland after scoring four goals in two games against the Ibrox outfit.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/rangers-battle-jamie-maclaren/