The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

6 hours ago, der Berliner said:

we have but one striker who is a certain starter, i.e. Morelos. Given that SG has said he likes him very much, it seems unlikely that he is moving on now, unless we see someone throw Soton-like money after us later in the window.

Ever wondered if Stevie is such a smart operator that if he has what could be a valuable asset but he doesn't really see that asset fitting into what he wants to do he will still say that I like this player very much indeed.

The purpose being to make any potential interested party think hey he really wants that player in his team so we're going to have to come up with major money to prise him away.

4 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Ever wondered if Stevie is such a smart operator that if he has what could be a valuable asset but he doesn't really see that asset fitting into what he wants to do he will still say that I like this player very much indeed.

The purpose being to make any potential interested party think hey he really wants that player in his team so we're going to have to come up with major money to prise him away.

Nope.  I think that Gerrard just likes "very much" a player who has played for 18 months without a break and scored plenty of goals for us, whilst not always having a great supporting cast.

In this instance, I would just take Gerrard at his word that he likes Morelos as a player.  Morelos is physical and you can already tell that Gerrard wants us to be a more physical team.

Not every statement is a conspiracy :D

Over on FF ID10 said that Sadiq is essentially a done deal and will probably announced soon.

Lafferty ... people close to the player apparently said done deal too, but agent and club say no. Same was the case with Flanagan though ... thus it is a waiting game.

ID10 says we are still looking for an attacking mdifielder as well as a striker, the latter on a permanent deal. 

And I noted today that Danny Ings has been told by Liverpool that he can go ... which will alert 15+ English teams who can fling a few million Liverpool's way and may spell the end for any Solanke loan deal.

22 minutes ago, craig said:

Nope.  I think that Gerrard just likes "very much" a player who has played for 18 months without a break and scored plenty of goals for us, whilst not always having a great supporting cast.

In this instance, I would just take Gerrard at his word that he likes Morelos as a player.  Morelos is physical and you can already tell that Gerrard wants us to be a more physical team.

Not every statement is a conspiracy :D

I too want to keep Morelos as i'm fascinated to see how he performs after a break and with better support all around him.

1 minute ago, der Berliner said:

ID10 says we are still looking for an attacking mdifielder as well as a striker, the latter on a permanent deal. 

That's a relief.  We definitely need another striker and we don't really have a creative midfielder.

24 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Over on FF ID10 said that Sadiq is essentially a done deal and will probably announced soon.

Lafferty ... people close to the player apparently said done deal too, but agent and club say no. Same was the case with Flanagan though ... thus it is a waiting game.

And I noted today that Danny Ings has been told by Liverpool that he can go ... which will alert 15+ English teams who can fling a few million Liverpool's way and may spell the end for any Solanke loan deal.

Maybe I'm missing something but Sadiq and Lafferty are fairly similar and neither is ideal for 75% of  the type of games we'll get in the domestic game.

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

Maybe I'm missing something but Sadiq and Lafferty are fairly similar and neither is ideal for 75% of  the type of games we'll get in the domestic game.

How so? 

They're big target-men, with the ability to run (more so with Sadiq). I think they'd both be fairly useful. 

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

How so? 

They're big target-men, with the ability to run (more so with Sadiq). I think they'd both be fairly useful. 

I'm going on very little wrt Sadiq so won't argue with you on this.