Steven Gerrard is the new Rangers manager

8 minutes ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

I would argue that he has not been the same since the Chinese transfer saga - but that should change eventually.

You're right, he hasn't been. If you look at his goal record across the season though, he scores in spurts and is very inconsistent. He also bottles it in big games.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=90837

2 minutes ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

You're right, he hasn't been. If you look at his goal record across the season though, he scores in spurts and is very inconsistent. He also bottles it in big games.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=90837

I see he's currently on a yellow card spurt with 5 in his last six games (which sum 397 minutes on the park).

A booking every 79 minutes.

A red card up in Aberdeen is probably as likely as a goal.

Same sort of timing as the team falling out and apart. Hes clearly a confidence player and looks lacking right now. He needs the fans backing to get through it and back to banging in the goals. No need to start writing the guy off because he has a dip in form. 

Edited by trublusince1982

29 minutes ago, buster. said:

I see he's currently on a yellow card spurt with 5 in his last six games (which sum 397 minutes on the park).

A booking every 79 minutes.

A red card up in Aberdeen is probably as likely as a goal.

I am not sure how you come to that. Never had a red card in Scotland but because he gets booked a few times a red card is imminent. Is that the same counting as Dembele Dollars.

He's saying in an ideal world we would need 15 or 16 players. He also said it isn't going to happen. I don't see how anyone that's seen the recent old firm games can disagree with this assessment. I'm not convinced we are currently that much better than the side we had in the 4th tier. 
Absoloutly brilliant.

Bring back robbie crawrord.

I think Murty was more than happy to get thrashed off Celtc.

We have enough quality in our side to give them a game but our tactics and mindset for the last two games against that lot were utterly pathetic,   inexcusable and a bit baffling.

7 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

This guy thinks SDM brought in Souness.

It's amazing how often you hear that.  The fact that it was the other way round is something that Souness never seems to get criticised for but he brought in the worst thing to happen to us in our history.

Edited by SteveC