[FT] Aberdeen 1 - 1 Rangers (McCrorie 63)

2 hours ago, TheUKCrazyhorse said:

I actually thought that last night, defensively, we didn't look too bad for a change. I don't remember Aberdeen really causing many problems on the attack and the saves Alnwick made were all fairly comfortable (and the crossbar helped as well). I know that could be down to Aberdeen being sh*te as well though.

I don't get the crossbar saving us bit to be honest while it does look spectacular it hits the crossbar because it is not accurate enough to go in the goal. If it hits the top of the crossbar with the bottom of the ball then it is almost a foot away from scoring. As I say it looks spectacular but counts for nothing.

A million goals have been scored or missed because of a mm one way or the other as a boot connects with a ball. Whose to say there wasn’t a few of those last night? Hitting the woodwork is as good as hitting the corner flag. We hit the woodwork 3 times against Progress but we were hopeless. 

42 minutes ago, pete said:

I don't get the crossbar saving us bit to be honest while it does look spectacular it hits the crossbar because it is not accurate enough to go in the goal. If it hits the top of the crossbar with the bottom of the ball then it is almost a foot away from scoring. As I say it looks spectacular but counts for nothing.

I'm pretty sure I meant it tongue in cheek. I've read it back and it seems tongue in cheek to me. I mean, I guess I could write *tongue in cheek* after a comment like that, just so folk know, but then I'd be wasting time when I could be doing actual work here *tongue in cheek*.

See? It doesn't work.

18 minutes ago, StuGers said:

All very true.... but at the end of the day, Aberdeen scored one goal from a penalty that should never have been. So they were gifted the points via the referee.

Can't deny that...however IMHO, they were gifted their point due to our complete collapse in the 1st half, following their goal.  30min where we struggled to get a touch of the ball, never mind a shot at goal.  30mins where our 2nd touch was a tackle.  30mins where we could string 2 passes together.

Normally, we would have at least expected to go into the break at 1-1, but due to our complete uselessness that was NEVER gonna happen.

We were very, very poor, but what did they actually do, other than hit one good long-range shot, that ultimately missed, and get gifted a penalty? For the supposed second best team in Scotland, they are poor. 

I agree with oor Wullie (@Uilleam) that we've dodged a bullet with McInnes. 

giphy.gif

17 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

We were very, very poor, but what did they actually do, other than hit one good long-range shot, that ultimately missed, and get gifted a penalty? For the supposed second best team in Scotland, they are poor. 

I agree with oor Wullie (@Uilleam) that we've dodged a bullet with McInnes. 

It's almost worse for them in that this is meant to be them flying relatively high and when it comes down to it, they are Colin Nish and it's only going to go downhill from here.

At least we know we are poor but can only get better.

27 minutes ago, buster. said:

It's almost worse for them in that this is meant to be them flying relatively high and when it comes down to it, they are Colin Nish and it's only going to go downhill from here.

At least we know we are poor but can only get better.

I would have said that last season :(.

5 hours ago, Darthter said:

Can't deny that...however IMHO, they were gifted their point due to our complete collapse in the 1st half, following their goal.  30min where we struggled to get a touch of the ball, never mind a shot at goal.  30mins where our 2nd touch was a tackle.  30mins where we could string 2 passes together.

Normally, we would have at least expected to go into the break at 1-1, but due to our complete uselessness that was NEVER gonna happen.

But even with all those mistakes from us.... they didn’t score. It took the referee awarding them a penalty to score.

2 hours ago, StuGers said:

But even with all those mistakes from us.... they didn’t score. It took the referee awarding them a penalty to score.

That fact is that they did get a wrongly awarded penalty & they scored.  We then struggled to stay in the game & only managed to scrape an equaliser.  We are better than that....we shouldn't be resorting to blaming the ref for our results (except for the hibs game at the start of the season.)

Last night the ref was seriously inconsistent to both teams & clearly had a shocker of a game, but ultimately WE lost ourselves 2 points.  You can't blame the ref for our teams total collapse following the penalty - all that did was highlight our teams mental fragility.