Possible Sighting of New Hummel Orange Strip

1 minute ago, Darthter said:

I would say that to a helluva lot of people down south, the Union flag = England flag.  

Here's a wee test - do a google search for "England flag", then click on Images....a very high return of Union flags.  Now do the same for "Scotland Flag"...virtually no Union flags.

Best just leaving all flags off the shirt....

I don't really have a problem with the Scotland flag being incorporated into a small area of the strip (neck, hem etc.). We are a Scottish club that plays in Scotland after all. It's pretty evident in our trophy room

imgID156689802_jpg_gallery.jpg

37 minutes ago, buster. said:

The line IMO is orange strip ok for the reasons you mention but prominent flag, not so.

Or in other words, colours rather than symbols.

Agree with your last statement there. Its just a colour. If you equate the use of that colour as having another ulterior meaning, doesn't that make you a bigot for thinking that?

Fact is, we'll use Rangers colours - red, white and blue - on the home strip, as expected. As far as I'm concerned, the away/3rd kit are open season and you can use any colour you like. Were black and illuminous yellow considered Celtic colours?

People will see and think what they want to and we should let them. "No one likes us, we don't care", remember?

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

Is there anything else we can do to make sure that we don't offend anyone?

Ditch the flags above the stadium?

Ditch the flags on the pitch pre-match?

Ditch the dressing room picture?

Ditch the loving cup ceremony?

Snowflake generation right enough.......

Unless they're all imposters, there is a worryingly seditious element within the Rangers support, who promote republicanism and separatism. There's is a philosophy of denial with respect to just about every tradition we have.They're embarrassed by our loyaltyism, by our unionism and by our long affiliation with NI. Frankly, they make me sick. They won't be missed if they want to take their embarrassment elsewhere. 

15 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I don't really have a problem with the Scotland flag being incorporated into a small area of the strip (neck, hem etc.). We are a Scottish club that plays in Scotland after all. It's pretty evident in our trophy room

imgID156689802_jpg_gallery.jpg

Since you're relatively new around here and since we haven't had much opportunity to understand your motivations, perhaps you could cut the process short and clarify ... are you a separatist, a nationalist, an SNP supporter?

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Of course we should but the proof is in the pudding. This strip would hugely popular among sections of our support for those exact reasons.

How do you know that?

Since the proposition of an orange strip is so upsetting to the poor flowers in our new age support, how about sticking to the good old red white and blue?

Union Jack Shirt.jpg

Unless they're all imposters, there is a worryingly seditious element within the Rangers support, who promote republicanism and separatism. There's is a philosophy of denial with respect to just about every tradition we have.They're embarrassed by our loyaltyism, by our unionism and by our long affiliation with NI. Frankly, they make me sick. They won't be missed if they want to take their embarrassment elsewhere. 

I wasn't aware that we were all to fit in with you're identikit idea of a Bluenose. We're a football club, not a political institution, I have no interest in how my fellow Bear standing next me votes, indeed it's absolutely none of my business, all I'm interested in is our shared passion for the club.

Just now, Bill said:

In the real world, not every Rangers supporter fits into your stereotype and hence you have differing opinions being put forward.

Your intolerent tone and language paints it's own picture.

I would like the club to give the fans a say in the second or third kit give them some kind of say in the style and colours maybe even a prize for the one selected. 

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

Since you're relatively new around here and since we haven't had much opportunity to understand your motivations, perhaps you could cut the process short and clarify ... are you a separatist, a nationalist, an SNP supporter?

I'm not new mate. I've just not been on here in ages tbh. With regards to your enquiry, are we required to provide transparent political leanings prior to posting? I thought it was a football forum not North Korea