Possible Sighting of New Hummel Orange Strip

1 minute ago, craig said:

I suspect the would be in the minority.  Fine for you to focus on those uncomfortable with it, but just as fine for others to point out that the majority wouldn’t be...

Fair enough but I'm pretty uncomfortable with anything we do as a club that alienates any of our fans tbh. Don't see the point of it to simply make a point and a cash grab.

32 minutes ago, craig said:

How is it getting involved in politics ?

Really Craig? You don't spend much time in Scotland these days, do you. Sticking a big Union flag on the front of a Rangers top would be seen by many, many people as making a political statement. 

2 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

Really Craig? You don't spend much time in Scotland these days, do you. Sticking a big Union flag on the front of a Rangers top would be seen by many, many people as making a political statement. 

Supporting Rangers is seen by many as making a political statement. Screw them and their separatist bigotry

1 hour ago, craig said:

That would be a huge success !!  I’m not massive on football tops these days but I would be buying that for me, my son and my brother !

I can't see us having anything like this but I would love it myself, we are a massive British club and I can't see what the problem is among some of our fans unless they don't like our history! You don't have to be religious to like being British.

I would also be a big fan of the orange strips as well, just because it might stir things up with other clubs/fans should have nothing to do with it. Just being a Rangers fan and our club being back in the top league you can see the hatred from virtually every club. We should be able to do what we want without caring about other clubs and I do think we would make a small fortune in the process.

If you didn't like them you don't have to buy them.

3 minutes ago, johnnyk said:

I can't see us having anything like this but I would love it myself, we are a massive British club and I can't see what the problem is among some of our fans unless they don't like our history! You don't have to be religious to like being British.

I would also be a big fan of the orange strips as well, just because it might stir things up with other clubs/fans should have nothing to do with it. Just being a Rangers fan and our club being back in the top league you can see the hatred from virtually every club. We should be able to do what we want without caring about other clubs and I do think we would make a small fortune in the process.

If you didn't like them you don't have to buy them.

Correct mate! fuck them all & fuck the SFA!

19 minutes ago, Bill said:

Supporting Rangers is seen by many as making a political statement. Screw them and their separatist bigotry

1. Generally, politics are part of the football scene in Glasgow and both big clubs identify with different flags and the ensuing politics.  

2. It simply ties in with the very polarised enviroment, the mutual hate and industrial rhetoric.

3. The Independence Referendum in 2014 (allied to our problems) brought a whole new dimension to the polarisation and enabled the other side of the fence to recruit 'haters' of us.

4. As a club we've been weak (at various levels & for various reasons) and have been on the backfoot, 'taking it on the chin' for years.

5. A counter-offensive is long overdue but like everything it should be carefully thought through and be part of a strategy that has a future rather than simply reactionary.

Edited by buster.

23 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

I would like to see the Union Flag on the orange top! :D

I would love to see A. The union flag represented on our strip and B. An Orange third strip would be fantastic as I love the colour.

Only those who see bigotry everywhere would have an issue (usually bigots themselves). One way or another we have a huge historical Dutch connection.

We should celebrate it!