Possible Sighting of New Hummel Orange Strip

[Tin hat on...]

Why the Union flag...when Rangers are a Scottish club, in the Scottish league, playing under the Scottish Association....IF any flag should appear on our strip it should be a Scotland flag.  There is no UK football association to represent - We play abroad under a Scottish banner.

Safest bet is no flag at all....The RFC crest is heavy enough for the players!!!

[...think I'll keep the tin hat on for now...;) ]

17 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

I would love to see A. The union flag represented on our strip and B. An Orange third strip would be fantastic as I love the colour.

Only those who see bigotry everywhere would have an issue (usually bigots themselves). One way or another we have a huge historical Dutch connection.

We should celebrate it!

A huge historical Dutch connection? Have we? We had a Dutch manager for 3 years and  group of Dutch players over 5/6 year period many moons ago. We've not had a Dutch player in years.

9 minutes ago, Darthter said:

[Tin hat on...]

Why the Union flag...when Rangers are a Scottish club, in the Scottish league, playing under the Scottish Association....IF any flag should appear on our strip it should be a Scotland flag.  There is no UK football association to represent - We play abroad under a Scottish banner.

Safest bet is no flag at all....The RFC crest is heavy enough for the players!!!

I have no problem with a simple colour (orange) but I don't think any flag (Union flag or Saltire) should be so prominent within a strip design but that's just me and I don't buy strips anyway.

Asthetically, it looks good and commercially it'd be successful so it does make sense in that regard.

Edited by buster.

Some people may not like some of the strips. Fine. You're never going to keep all the people happy all of the time.

If there's a demand for an orange strip then go for it.

Likewise, if there's a demand for one with a UJ then go for it. Why not also have one with the saltire and give fans the choice?

Just because you or I may not like something doesn't mean that the club shouldn't go for it.

6 minutes ago, Darthter said:

[Tin hat on...]

I have to agree mate. Ditch the flags/symbols please and stick to football. The only "symbol" I would love to see is the 6 pointed star from our original strip incorporated into an away strip. Oh wait, does that mean we are pro-Israel?:hm:

Is there anything else we can do to make sure that we don't offend anyone?

Ditch the flags above the stadium?

Ditch the flags on the pitch pre-match?

Ditch the dressing room picture?

Ditch the loving cup ceremony?

Snowflake generation right enough.......

7 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

People can have an opinion.

That doesn't mean anything should be, has to be or will be ditched.

Don't take offence :whistle:

Edited by buster.

8 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Enough please with the snowflake stuff. It's just an opinion.

12 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Snowflake generation my arse - this is 2018 we should not be pandering to the sectarian element within our support.