Europa League QR3: Rangers / Maribor v FC Ufa / Progres

21 hours ago, pete said:

Just told my wife of my plans to go and she said in an angry voice "yeh do it" So that means I have got her permission.:D She will get used to the thought over the next week.:D

I recall my cousin telling his wife he was driving to the South of England for an England v Scotland game.... how did he tell her ?  As he and 4 friends drove past his house from the pub and he waved to her from the car and said “see you next week” :D

UEFA have put up a page with what looks like the pots for Mondays draw.

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2019/draws/round=2000989/

We (and Maribor) are in pot 4 and the first 4 on the list are seeded so I presume it's the 4 unseeded teams we could draw.....

Apollen or Dinamo Brest

Haifa or Atlanta

Ufa or Progress

Slovan Bratislava or Rapid Vienna

So it's Maribor and one of the above that stand between us and the group stages.

POT 4 - MAIN P.

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

If we can beat Maribor and avoid Atalanta, I think we can make it.  A lot of ifs and buts but why not!?

Yes, but most teams in pot 4 will be thinking similar, including Maribor.

I really didn' think we had much  of a chance of making the group stages but we managed to find a way to get past Osijek and thus far, the draw couldn't have been much kinder.

Onwards we go.............

I had limited confidence before we played Shkupi.  I'd have been glad to get this far.  We can improve and every victory brings added confidence (strangely, I think the only game we didn't win was our best performance).  

Tomorrow will tell us a fair bit about where we are.  I know people think we should beat Aberdeen and we should but even great Rangers sides have struggled up there.  

Looks like Maribor will be our last trip to the former Yugoslavia (in the qualifiers anyway).

• Frankie changed the title to [FT] Aberdeen 1 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 30pen)