Europa League QR3: Rangers / Maribor v FC Ufa / Progres

With SG saying that Sadiq is 2 weeks away from competitive football again the onus is heavily placed on Morelos for both legs of this tie. 

Given where his game/attitude has been now for months, far from ideal.

Several new players coming into the side tonight might give us some fresh impetus, it certainly makes for an even more interesting game to watch.

Will be interesting to see SG's approach and how the players get on with it.

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

We really need to Kent and Coullibaly (sp?) to start well.  And Murphy on form.

It's asking a lot for so many new players to come in and play a collectivelly cohesive game.

But after last week in Macedonia, SG had to do something different and I think he's right. The only issue for me is that we go into this tie with only Rudden as back-up to Morelos. If the Columbian starts the way he has been playing I'd hook him at HT for the youngster.

The most important aspect tonight is that we are solid middle to back and everyone knows what they have to do.

Anything we get at the other end is a bonus.

1 hour ago, cooponthewing said:

A 0-0 tonight would suit just fine. Everyone behind the ball and play it Walter 2008 style.

UEFA Cup 2008

For

0, 1, 2, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0, 0

Against

0, 1, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 2

Played: 9

Won: 2

Drawn: 5

Lost: 2

Goals

For: 5 (0.55 per game)

Against: 4 (0.44 pg)

Masterclass of Maximising results from available squad from WS.

After a season of CL group stages and UEFA Cup Final:...Financial masterclass from Bain in how to let a 'windfall' disappear !

Edited by buster.

I don't care how we qualify.   we have a new manager and a lot of new players and we have to give them the chance to grow.   we've been down this road a few times now but I do believe were a far more professional outfit compared to recent seasons.  I am though disappointed that mcrorie has been dropped.   he has the potential to play at the highest level.

3 hours ago, craig said:

Jack has been our best player thus far.  Was certainly our best player last week against Schkupi - I have no issue with SG playing Jack ahead of McCrorie - McCrorie has looked off the pace so far this season to me.  Not a knock on the lad, but Jack has looked far more comfortable and has been far more influential.

Have to agree with that. While McCrorie does have potential he's not there yet and this game is crucial. He can get into the team for further development in less urgent circumstances.