I'm glad I don't bother with opening ceremonies when I'm informed pop music for middle aged women is the flavour of the day.

I drew Argentina in the sweep at work today.  Still hope they don't win.  

The Russian shirt is very smart.  

5 hours ago, der Berliner said:

BTW, within the last 14 days or so, Germany lost at home 2-1 to Austria and won 2-1 against the Saudis, who missed a great chance to equalize late on.

Some of the Saudis showed good footwork and ability, the end product was woeful though. Wonder how some of them would fare if tried in a more demanding surrounding.

I doubt that will give much of a yardstick to measure the Germans against.  I think I read somewhere that the Russians hadn't won a game in a year or so prior to this Saudi match which turned into a rout.

Warm ups don't reveal much. Germany is Germany. They're always going to be there or thereabouts. 

3 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'm glad I don't bother with opening ceremonies when I'm informed pop music for middle aged women is the flavour of the day.

I drew Argentina in the sweep at work today.  Still hope they don't win.  

The Russian shirt is very smart.  

I got France.

some poor mug got Morocco.... went back for another shot.... and got Tunisia :D  next guy up drew Spain :roflmao:

54 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Both Egypt and Uruguay are solid and well-organised defensively.

Egypt have done nothing offensively, and the little Uruguay have done has ultimately broken down. 

Poor game. 

Salah was on the bench and they nearly squeezed out a gaoalless draw.

I'd forgot Hector Cuper was the Egyptian boss, I'd have went for a 0-1 had I realised. 

Only saw last 10 of first half and last 5 of the second and I won't be near a TV for the next match.

Keeping fresh for Portugal v Spain tonight.