New Kit Confirmed

1 hour ago, craig said:

From wiki :

The casualty figures of the battle were quite low for a battle of such a scale—of the 50,000 or so participants, about 2,000 died.[citation needed] Three-quarters of the dead were Jacobites. William's army had far more wounded. At the time, most casualties of battles tended to be inflicted in the pursuit of an already-beaten enemy; this did not happen at the Boyne, as the counter-attacks of the skilled Jacobite cavalry screened the retreat of the rest of their army, and in addition William was always disinclined to endanger the person of James, since he was the father of his wife, Mary. The Jacobites were badly demoralised by the order to retreat, which lost them the battle. Many of the Irish infantrymen deserted. The Williamites triumphantly marched into Dublin two days after the battle. The Jacobite army abandoned the city and marched to Limerick, behind the River Shannon, where they were unsuccessfully besieged.

I guess they really don't know their history huh.....

Thank you, saves me the effort.

Low velocity weapons were not killers.

High velocity arrived with the start of the American Civil War. A french medical Doctor, Claude-Etienne Minie invented the minie ball; basically the traditional representation we know as a bullet. Sabot shaped, it spun due to rifling of the barrel. Overnight, the effective range of a muzzle loaded musket went from a hundred yards to 250-300 yards. The velocity penetrated to, and through the bone. Conical mounds of amputated limbs could be viewed outside every civil war aid post.

We need high velocity information to penetrate the minds of all Yahoos.

3 hours ago, Darthter said:

While I can understand (& generally agree) why many folk didn't wan't the orange strip, due to obvious connotations.....it does look an absolute belter of a top.

Orange (tangerine) is my favourite colour kit but I wish we didn't have it.  Love the 'home' top...I hate it when they have red on the main shirt.  They all look nice barring the sponsor's name being emblazoned across the front.

We must not allow the bheasts to say this is all a sinister move by the club.

The club and the new manufacturers asked the fans what they wanted and this is what the fans asked for, and will buy in huge numbers. Does this make the fans bigots for wanting strips in these colours/styles? Nope, we know it will wind up our opponents fans, and so if they are upset by it, then we have won!

Give the fans of our own club what they want, and tell those that dont like it that it is none of their business, we dont make strips for our opponents pleasure.