[FT] Rangers 2 (Murphy 23; Tavernier 90+2 pen) - 0 FC Shkupi

12 minutes ago, Big Jaws said:

We don't really know that yet they played a very defensive formation with a lone striker which meant they only had a couple of chances. I'm more concerned at the ease that they passed the ball through us when they did have it. Granted they'll be more open on Tuesday as they need to score to win which might allow our attack some room to work in. But if they can play like that and be on the attack also it'll be a real test in the heat.

If we  can defend which is a big IF then we can pick them off.

Edited by les186

14 minutes ago, pete said:

Funny I thought that the other way about. Goldsen had a few passes that went straight to the opposition in dangerous positions and I thought Katie:roflmao: was excellent and read the game to a T. I will admit though Goldson was excellent in the second-half.

Damn auto-correct :D

were you confusing Katic for Goodson ?  I thought Goodson was far superior to Katic and it was Katic who had misplaced passes.

Amazing how we see the same game differently.

giphy.gif

The attack showed the same problems as last year.

Murphy, Windass and Morelos all continue to be sources of frustration.

Hard to say if the defence is any good yet.  It wasn't tested much and the only question mark, so far, is Goldson's passing.

Some decent performances though.  Middleton looks great and should hopefully displace either Murphy or Windass this season.  Ejaria looks quite skillful although I can easily see him being a squad player.  Flanagan looked solid and I expect him to remain first choice.

Edited by ranger_syntax

In a game like tonight I would have preferred DJ @ LB than Flanagan, nothing against Flanagan who will prove to be an excellent player for us no doubt, but DJ is much better in an attacking role, where Flanagan is better defending, IMO.

34 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Yes, I'm not a fan of Morelos. If we were really offered 6Million we should have bitten their hands off. Sooner we get the big lad Shafiq the better.

We have him, but that'll leave us with but two central strikers plus Rudden & Co.. You'd hope we get a couple more ...

13 minutes ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

This just seemed like a continuation of last season, except looking a bit more solid defensively. We were really poor and offer very little going forward. Middleton and Ejaria looked promising when they came on.

Not that surprising..........

New improved defence

Same players middle to front (bar Arfield who was subed)

Improved when two new arrivals to first team come on.

11 minutes ago, craig said:

Damn auto-correct :D

were you confusing Katic for Goodson ?  I thought Goodson was far superior to Katic and it was Katic who had misplaced passes.

Amazing how we see the same game differently.

GOLDSON and KATIE make a lovely couple :P