[FT] Rangers 2 (Murphy 23; Tavernier 90+2 pen) - 0 FC Shkupi

1 minute ago, BEARGER said:

Am I correct, we should not post the managers comments video? Anyway he’s happy with tonight.

Think what he said was that he was happy we got the result and were dominant but not so happy that we didn't get a lot more goals given the dominance and chances being created.

4 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Think what he said was that he was happy we got the result and were dominant but not so happy that we didn't get a lot more goals given the dominance and chances being created.

I don't think we were that dominant and should be happy that that we are two goals up.

It’s was a OK for an early season performance but I couldn’t help thinking longingly about an £11m offer turned down for someone whose barn door has forgotten what his banjo looks like.

6 minutes ago, les186 said:

I don't think we were that dominant and should be happy that that we are two goals up.

All opinion isn't it. He thought we were dominant and so did I and judging from the reports across the media I have read so far they think so too. Still new faces to come into the mix plus one goal next week will put it beyond them and I expect us to get at least one.

I can remember seeing one possession statistic during the game which gave us 75% to their 25%. That's pretty dominant.

48 minutes ago, pete said:

Sorry mate that is so untrue. He works his socks off. He just misses too many chances.

So did Sebo. I just don’t see what others do? Apart from that we need more striking options as he just doesn’t score enough. Not for me and we need better ASAP. I just hope that we don’t blow this lead. We need to improve as the games will come thick and fast if new stay in the comp.

3 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

All opinion isn't it. He thought we were dominant and so did I and judging from the reports across the media I have read so far they think so too. Still new faces to come into the mix plus one goal next week will put it beyond them and I expect us to get at least one.

I can remember seeing one possession statistic during the game which gave us 75% to their 25%. That's pretty dominant.

Possession doesn't win the game. Creating  and taking chances does and we did well to score two. 

48 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

The young lad Middleton is a very humble guy, very talented and a potential star who has impressed the gaffer, he really does have a hunger and a big future and he comes across as a player who will really push himself to the max, I look forward to seeing him often this season.

Was very impressive both against Bury and tonight.  My only slight complaint about him is that he was predictable in that every single time he was on the ball he made for the wing... would have liked to see him vary it a bit by cutting inside every now and then.  But that is being VERY harsh on the lad

Just now, les186 said:

Possession doesn't win the game. Creating  and taking chances does and we did well to score two. 

We created very little against an amateurish, albeit quite well organised, defence.  

9 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

So did Sebo. I just don’t see what others do? Apart from that we need more striking options as he just doesn’t score enough. Not for me and we need better ASAP. I just hope that we don’t blow this lead. We need to improve as the games will come thick and fast if new stay in the comp.

I like Morelos, I think he tries too hard and snatches at the ball a lot due to that fact, SG also likes him so to write him off at his age would be wrong IMO, he has a lot of talent  and has scored a lot of goals in his career,he just needs to be coached properly. Let's not be too harsh before the season has even started properly.

You can't seriously compare him to Sebo!

Edited by ian1964