I believe Nicky Clark was scoring freely at lower levels then struggled as the quality of opposition increased. Might be that his current transfer market value says it all. At just 27 he's valued at 248K on transfermarkt.

25 minutes ago, craig said:

You could see some of the frustration last night, which is no bad thing.

Windass played a pass just behind Murphy and Murphy let him know it wasn't good enough.

Murphy (or maybe McCrorie) did the same thing to Windass and he, likewise, let them know it wasn't good enough.

Last season there would be a shrug of the shoulders.  I think SG has improved the desire to be better - and that can only be a good thing.

I think there also needs to be a bit of focus on those supplying the passes/crosses as well.....maybe just not quite on the same page wrt ball delivery & striker positioning.

saw it a few times against Bury & Schkupi 1st leg, balls played into the box, just behind the striker or 1/2 foot too high/hard etc.  Makes it VERY difficult for ANYONE to accurately finish.

There's often just one player in the box when a cross is delivered.  It's difficult to cross it well or be first to the ball when you're outnumbered.

I don't like our formation and would prefer a 4-4-2, with a diamond shaped midfield.

McGregor

Tav Katic Goldson Flanagan

McCrorie

Jack Rossiter

Murphy

Morelos Sadiq

19 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

There's often just one player in the box when a cross is delivered.  It's difficult to cross it well or be first to the ball when you're outnumbered.

I don't like our formation and would prefer a 4-4-2, with a diamond shaped midfield.

McGregor

Tav Katic Goldson Flanagan

McCrorie

Jack Rossiter

Murphy

Morelos Sadiq

I think Candeias plays the ball in too soon.  I like the fact he plays it in early but, almost invariably, there is only one player in the box to hit - we need the central player in the "3" to get into the box too, along with the left sided winger.

45 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

The automatic youtube embedding doesn't seem to be working for this but the first link has the first half and the second the second half.

First Half

Second Half

Thanks JFK, but that's one game I definitely won't want to watch again.  Having said that, I hope you can send it to the players because our front 4 could do with watching it back again a few times.  Then they can see what we had to witness, and maybe then they'll understand why they're getting a hard time from us.

Reading SG’s comments today about the game last night seems he was far from impressed with the forwards. Can’t say I disagree. I counted 3 really  easy chances we squandered 

Good to see we’ve hopefully got ourselves a manager who realises when things aren’t right and will do something about it

The previous 2managers had a habit of sitting & waiting for things to change instead of reacting 

7 hours ago, Bill said:

Steel yourself, when you watch the game you'll see we had plenty chances to score but made a pig's ear of all of them. The Morelos heading masterclass is particularly instructive. ?

He also has a book out. Heading for Dummies.:D

7 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Morelos is becoming a bit of an enigma. I would like to see us have a coach who works exclusively with strikers and who better than Ally McCoist to teach this boy and the others how to put a ball in the net.

I seem to remember Ally missing some sitters in his day.:)