[FT] Maribor 0 - 0 Rangers

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

We're not listed here but I take it we would be in the place of Ufa there, so in Pot 4? That would means we'd have a much harder group than Celtic who are in Pot 2.

If we get through we'd have our own seeding 3.725 (rather than Ufa's) but it's incidental as both go to pot 4.

Thought the referee was poor, he was flashing yellows at our players for fun but let their guys off with plenty. One in particular was the definition of a professional foul (and therefore yellow card) when one of our guys skinned their big centre back and he just stuck out his arm to take him down.

27 minutes ago, buster. said:

If we get through we'd have our own seeding 3.725 (rather than Ufa's) but it's incidental as both go to pot 4.

If we get past Ufa you can guarantee no team will want us as their pot 4 opponents.

Edited by Waltersgotstyle

@Ser Barristan Selmy - they didn't look great but you have to look at their record in Europe (especially at home) and they are clearly a decent European side. In the last 3/4 years Sevilla, Spartak Moscow, Chelsea, Sporting Lisbon, Maccabi Tel Aviv and another half dozen smaller teams have failed to win at their ground. Only Liverpool and Schalke have done that.

I think Gerrard has built a very solid team that makes good attacking sides look ordinary. And I thought a good bit of the joy they did get wouldn't have happened with Coulibaly/Barisic/Flanagan on the park.

We could be more clinical but Gerrard is in the process of adding to the team in that area.

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

I think there are several teams in that bracket.

Rennes are the main team they'll want to avoid and I don't think many will fancy a visit to Red Star Belgrade either.

49 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Why is it GLASGOW Rangers but 'Celtic'?

As far as I know it is also Glasgow Celtic. The thing I hate and have often sent letters to the Dutch media companies is they called Rangers just Glasgow. Regularly I heard Glasgow are playing this team or that team. I don't know if I made any difference but they now seem to have changed it to the Rangers. I will keep complaining when I hear otherwise although for me it will always be the famous Glasgow Rangers.

9 hours ago, pete said:

As far as I know it is also Glasgow Celtic. The thing I hate and have often sent letters to the Dutch media companies is they called Rangers just Glasgow. Regularly I heard Glasgow are playing this team or that team. I don't know if I made any difference but they now seem to have changed it to the Rangers. I will keep complaining when I hear otherwise although for me it will always be the famous Glasgow Rangers.

I may be wrong but I always thought English commentators emphasised Glasgow in case of confusion with QPR?

Edited by cooponthewing

3 minutes ago, pete said:

Personally speaking we are Rangers not Glasgow Rangers. Rangers is our official name and is quite unique in Scottish/English football tbh. Along with Arsenal, Celtic, St. Mirren and Albion Rovers we are one of the small bunch of teams in England and Scotland that don't have a geographical reference in our name. I kind of like that.