And the new Compliance Officer is ....

32 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Wonder if there’s a job description for the SFA CO. 

What does he/she actually do other than watch games not involving the yahoos & try to dish out retrospective punishments 

was the position advertised or was she head hunted?

An interesting question is what happens to them when they leave.

How does a stint as the SFA's Compliance Officer enhance their careers? 

Where do they go after Hampden? 

If the post has a heavy salary (I have no idea), would they leave after 2 or 3 seasons?

It does seem that, while the duties and responsibilities of the post are more than studying pictures and snippets film, it is limited in scope, and in perhaps, what we might call gravity. That, if accurate, might point to a reason for turnover, but would suggest also that the job is, at very best, a sideways move, if not a backwards step. 

The difficulty I have with the compliance officer is that it is only open to teams who have been televised and the television companies can influence who or what they want the compliance officer to see. For me it is a flawed concept. If every team had to send in a video of the match and every game was watched by the CO then it would be a far fairer product. Given that the CO is neutral of course.

6 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

An interesting question is what happens to them when they leave.

How does a stint as the SFA's Compliance Officer enhance their careers? 

Where do they go after Hampden? 

If the post has a heavy salary (I have no idea), would they leave after 2 or 3 seasons?

It does seem that, while the duties and responsibilities of the post are more than studying pictures and snippets film, it is limited in scope, and in perhaps, what we might call gravity. That, if accurate, might point to a reason for turnover, but would suggest also that the job is, at very best, a sideways move, if not a backwards step. 

Might suit those who have decided to leave Scotland at the end of their stint.

From C.O. @ the SFA................to SFA on a beach in COsamui

8 minutes ago, buster. said:

Might suit those who have decided to leave Scotland at the end of their stint.

From C.O. @ the SFA................to SFA on a beach in COsamui

From what I can see of the three appointees to date, none of them seem to be nearing retirement age, certainly not when they stepped into the role. I don't believe that the job is so taxing as to age them prematurely.

Edited by Uilleam