[FT] Motherwell 3 - 3 Rangers (Lafferty 15, 38; Ejaria 43)

Taking goals out of your team is an option that managers often find the most difficult.

I'd try and play further up the pitch, play the two up front, ask Lafferty to do most of the 'donkey work' and tell Morelos to spend more time near the penalty spot.

3 minutes ago, buster. said:

One other thing is to impress upon the players this weekend and in no uncertain terms, is the need not to take the bait and get themselves sent off.

Not only would it numerically disadvantage us on the day but they'd be suspended for the Celtic game.

And of course Morelos will be the number one target and he is suspect. As for experimentation I don't see this as one of the relatively comfortable ties suitable for experimentation. St Mirren at home was that and to me it's vital we take 3 points then go to the piggery still at least a point ahead of them.

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

And of course Morelos will be the number one target and he is suspect. As for experimentation I don't see this as one of the relatively comfortable ties suitable for experimentation. St Mirren at home was that and to me it's vital we take 3 points then go to the piggery still at least a point ahead of them.

What is vital is that we are in as best possible shape for a game in Russia that has an approximate prize of 10M ....IF we get the result we need.

I'm sure SG&Co will do what's best.

I suppose Gerrard will know who needs a rest and who doesn't, not everyone will. Candeias could play 7 games a week and he'd still be on the treadmill before bed.

I'm wary of reducing the quality in the starting line-up with rotation because momentum is so important right now and I'd much rather take guys off early. Having said that, as well as Barisic, I'd like to see Middleton starting. I'd prefer to take Halliday on when we're winning but Arfield will probably need a rest.

Ufa return leg has to be the priority, but I think we do have strength in depth with the notable exception of CB, so I think we can cope with these 3 massive games coming up. As others have said, I think one good reason to rotate out Morelos and/or Jack for the Well game is for fear of a sending off and suspension for the Celtic game. I still don’t trust those two not to react when provoked, especially Alfredo. 

Maybe I have rosey blue tinted specs on but in my opinion, Katic and Goldson have been strolling through matches.

Central defenders shouldn't need rested too often.

Edited by Gonzo79