[FT] Rangers 4 - 0 Dundee (Coulibaly 4, Kent 14, Tavernier 45 Pen, Middleton 84)

Good performance and most importantly a great reaction to the Tims defeat. How we react to set backs, and we will experience set backs through the season, is the measure of how good a team we have. Coulibaly returning makes a big difference to our midfield, he's a find and a half, I'd have given Candieas man of the match though, as both Coulibaly and Kent went off. Candeias does the simple things well, his crossing is accurate, his work rate superb and his consistency overlooked by many of us. Like Halliday he's another player who is benefiting from better management and better players around him. 

3 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

Coulibaly returning makes a big difference to our midfield, he's a find and a half, I'd have given Candieas man of the match though, as both Coulibaly and Kent went off. Candeias does the simple things well, his crossing is accurate, his work rate superb and his consistency overlooked by many of us.

I'd go for Kent as MOTM. His best game by a long way, although wouldn't be too upset at Candias. Didn't agree with the official selection of Arfield.

As for Coulibaly, yes he's good, but he needs to cut out the misplaced passes.

I agreed with SG's after match assessment that we were good in patches and pretty poor in patches. Incompetent officials are clearly the norm now, but I dont see things evening themselves out as we are so frequently told when yet another goal is chopped off, or our player wrongly penalised.

The Morelos "goal" is an absolute shocker from the linesman, not up with play, a square pass and Morelos is behind the play at the time of the pass, it should be an easy decision for him to do nothing. Only if he is certain that a forward pass has taken place and that Morelos is ahead of the ball and the final defender can he put his flag up, and none of these actually occur so I will call it what it was, cheating. 

As for the rhat Miller, he should have been sent off for the elbow on Halliday, and I was absolutely disgusted that he was actually clapped off after a bad foul on one of our players got him his overdue red card. That was pretty much his only two contributions to the game, he is an even worse player now than he was for us, and that is a really low bar. Dundee might have a chance if he is banned for 3 games and they can play with 11 hard-working players instead of that passenger. Diddly O'Dea should have been sent off for that shocking attempted leg-breaker at the halfway line that we didnt even get a foul for. It was high, reckless and he went to ground at pace and stuck his leg up to make sure he caught him. He did get the ball (from my angle) but the reckless intent to injure an opponent is what should have seen him go off. 

You fear for McCann & his Dundee side, he lost most of his best players from last year and could only replace them with conference players, and Miller. A straight fight between them and Accies for the drop I think, with the other probably going down via the playoffs unless something can change in the winter window.

Onto Spain we go for the hardest of our 6 group matches first up, if we can take anything from the game it will be a great result that could set us up for a tilt at qualification and post-Xmas Euro footy which is an incredible thought having been in Luxembourg just over a year ago!

10 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

But we need to realise it is how we replace these players that will determine how we progress in the seasons ahead.

Have we identified a replacement for Morelos? Katic? Barasic? Goldson?

Bloody hell man we have only just got these guys and you want replacements identified.Fair enough after one or two full seasons BUT NOW????

37 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Bloody hell man we have only just got these guys and you want replacements identified.Fair enough after one or two full seasons BUT NOW????

You can be certain that Andy Scoulding will be on the look out for potential replacements for all our saleable assets. That's why the structure of the club was organised in the manner that it has been in the first place.

The footballing department looks to be in as good a shape as it has in a long, long time. This isn't a case of chequebook managers buying good to excellent ready made players a la Smith and Advocaat. This is proper business modelling from a footballing perspective. It's joined up thinking. 

They tried to do it on the cheap with Warburton and it backfired badly. Caixinha was an inexplicable case of bullshit baffles brains. Third time round, the board have dispensed with the cheaper option approach and look to have sorted it out. To think of the good money frittered away on the likes of Rob Kiernan and Harry Forrester...jesus!

I'll be utterly astounded if Gerrard, Allen et al don't deliver.

Edited by Soulsonic5791

1 hour ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

Kevin Clancy and his assistants (this time, Sean Carr) are invariably incompetent. His handling of the game yesterday ruined it for players and fans alike.

Behold...

image.jpg

Guy behind me yesterday pointed out where the linesman allegiance lies. The funny thing was you looked at him and you knew, you just knew by the ugly, skinny twisted look of cousins dating!

1 hour ago, Tannochsidebear said:

As for the rhat Miller, he should have been sent off for the elbow on Halliday, and I was absolutely disgusted that he was actually clapped off after a bad foul on one of our players got him his overdue red card. That was pretty much his only two contributions to the game, he is an even worse player now than he was for us, and that is a really low bar. Dundee might have a chance if he is banned for 3 games and they can play with 11 hard-working players instead of that passenger. Diddly O'Dea should have been sent off for that shocking attempted leg-breaker at the halfway line that we didnt even get a foul for. It was high, reckless and he went to ground at pace and stuck his leg up to make sure he caught him. He did get the ball (from my angle) but the reckless intent to injure an opponent is what should have seen him go off. 

I was completely baffled by this.

We should have been thinking about our current players, not our former players.

1 hour ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I agreed with SG's after match assessment that we were good in patches and pretty poor in patches. Incompetent officials are clearly the norm now, but I dont see things evening themselves out as we are so frequently told when yet another goal is chopped off, or our player wrongly penalised.

The Morelos "goal" is an absolute shocker from the linesman, not up with play, a square pass and Morelos is behind the play at the time of the pass, it should be an easy decision for him to do nothing. Only if he is certain that a forward pass has taken place and that Morelos is ahead of the ball and the final defender can he put his flag up, and none of these actually occur so I will call it what it was, cheating. 

You fear for McCann & his Dundee side, he lost most of his best players from last year and could only replace them with conference players, and Miller. A straight fight between them and Accies for the drop I think, with the other probably going down via the playoffs unless something can change in the winter window.

Onto Spain we go for the hardest of our 6 group matches first up, if we can take anything from the game it will be a great result that could set us up for a tilt at qualification and post-Xmas Euro footy which is an incredible thought having been in Luxembourg just over a year ago!

100% agree re the Miller elbow on Halliday. He should have been sent off then. The applause for Miller when he went off was cringeworthy. I wasn’t involved in that.