[FT] Villarreal 2 - 2 Rangers (Arfield 67; Lafferty 76)

No mix up between Worral and Goldson,Bacca tried to pass ball to right winger and got lucky with ball that hit Worral and came back to him,good strike though.

McGregor main man again keeping us in it,two cracking goals as most of team reacted well to bad start.

Hate to call any weak link but to me Kent after very good game on Satutday was not up to standard of others tonight.

Now waiting excitedly for first home Euro game:rfcbouncy:

Given where we were just a few months ago after a largely disappointing season and with no expectations at all of making the group stages this result is all the more remarkable. Top that off with this not being our strongest 11, throw in the fact we can only get better, then maybe we should start at least begin to believe what Gerrard said in a post match interview.

“I am sure they will move up the table in time. For us to come here as a side which is relatively new and still in the early stages, to come and perform as we did, certainly in the second half, the players have to take confidence and belief from that.

“We are a good team when we show it, when we believe and when we go for the jugular. We can create chances against anyone.”

I have been tentatively believing that since the first day of the season at the sheep pen. I'm starting to believe it more all the time. For me the biggest test to come in a little over 2 weeks is the Hearts game. Even if Hearts don't keep winning till then if we can produce a commanding win we're definitely on our way to challenging.

There's a home Euro tie 3 days before that Hearts game but the league is our bread and butter. The road to a full and total recovery from the disaster of the past 6 years and our path to the riches of the CL.

10 hours ago, BEARGER said:
Thursday, 20 September 2018, 21:13

by Nick Thomson 

“PROUD” is how Steven Gerrard declared himself following tonight’s tremendous 2-2 draw with Villarreal at Estadio de la Ceramica. 

Article Copyright © 2018. Permission to use quotations from this article online is only granted subject to appropriate source credit and hyperlink to www.rangers.co.uk

I just asked you the other day to stop C&Ping stuff from the official site.  The copyright line at the bottom should be clear.

An intro paragraph and a link only please.

Anyone notice we changed from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-3-3 in the second half? 

We were all complaining that we weren't doing anything with the ball, which this switch helped to change; we then had options further up the field.

It helped defensively too: I thought Halliday and Coulibaly were slow to press -- simply because they were playing a wee bit deeper -- and Arfield was kind of on his own, outnumbered pressing and receiving the ball. Halliday sat, with Arfield and Coulibaly playing slightly more advanced. 

We were quite open early in the 2nd, but grew into it. 

McGregor was at fault for the first goal for me, but then makes a wonderful save low to his right which looked goal-bound; that's the difference a top 'keeper makes. 

Fantastic result!

I thought Worral was good. He looks a solid unit, but was also very comfortable on the ball.

Is he left-footed?

I wonder if our CB pairing could have been Katic (right-footed?) and Worral (left)? 

However, I think Goldson is the leader in defence so he'll be first choice. 

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

I just asked you the other day to stop C&Ping stuff from the official site.  The copyright line at the bottom should be clear.

An intro paragraph and a link only please.

Did you? Old age does not come alone☹️. Will do in future.