Semi Final

The sheep are pinning their hopes on the fact that we will have no Morelos or Lafferty and have a game against Spartak on the Thursday prior. The classic sign of also rans, hope for the opposition to be weakened and tired.

As for the strikers did Gerrard drop a hint in his interview with Halliday that Sadiq might be an option? If he is he has to be at least on the bench when they kick off at Hamilton.

4 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

The sheep are pinning their hopes on the fact that we will have no Morelos or Lafferty and have a game against Spartak on the Thursday prior. The classic sign of also rans, hope for the opposition to be weakened and tired.

As for the strikers did Gerrard drop a hint in his interview with Halliday that Sadiq might be an option? If he is he has to be at least on the bench when they kick off at Hamilton.

Maybe the element of surprise when it comes to Sadiq? The players wont know what to expect...including ours ?

8 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Maybe the element of surprise when it comes to Sadiq? The players wont know what to expect...including ours ?

You can include us in the not knowing what to expect factor but it's all good. Over the last couple of seasons we were so predictable any opposition could work on how they were going to play us weeks ahead if they wanted to.

I'm finding myself conflicted on whether I want them to win at Hearts tomorrow. A win for them could boost morale but if they do win at Hearts and we win at Hamilton that gap to the top would be reduced to just 2 points. I'm not a betting man but if I had to bet on it I may go for a draw between Hearts and sheep.

3 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Ian,

I know you have a hectic time of it, providing links, screen grabs, highlights, .... etc.

Could I ask a favour? Would you post the above on the PQ Musings thread?

The apology is important in completing the record, thank-you.

21 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Ian,

I know you have a hectic time of it, providing links, screen grabs, highlights, .... etc.

Good call. I posted it over there.

4 hours ago, ian1964 said:

McCoist falling out a window in the mad men pysh was done by juniors (as they were at that time).

They were told at a much higher level they shouldn’t do it but they still did. You don’t give up plumb jobs in the BBC in Scotland easily. They are almost certainly still there. 

This was no mistake. We pay their wages. 

Are they not embarrassed demanding a 50/50 split and not even selling half of their allocation. This after getting their request of moving the kick off time. As a result they have to move their fans. Not sure how they would do that anyway if tickets are sold, they would have to call them back in and swap tickets - bit of a hassle and joke. 

Aberdeen’s sorry attempts to shift semi-final tickets underlines their sorry standing in Scottish football, says Kris Boyd

The Red Army were up in arms over a midday kick-off but after their club backed them they failed to show the support needed.

By Kris Boyd

THE Red Army were up in arms over a midday kick off because they couldn’t get there in their masses.

Perhaps the SPFL should have moved next week’s Betfred Cup semi-final to Pittodrie.

It seems that’s the only way Aberdeen could have drummed up the support they were hoping for.

The Red Army? Prepared for battle as long as that battle isn’t too far away, at 4.30pm on a Sunday, with all the gory action live on TV.

What a shambles. What an embarrassment.

Having thrown their toys out of the pram over the initial scheduling of their last-four showdown against Rangers, organisers relented and moved it to later in the day.

This, we were told, would allow Dons fans to travel down on the trains in their numbers.

Fast forward to Thursday of this week and what are we told? That Aberdeen have in fact sold a paltry 9,000 briefs.

After all their moaning, after all their groaning, that’s it. Just 9,000 out of an initial allocation of 20,300.

It’s no wonder the SPFL took back the tickets, handing an extra 3,500 to Rangers.

Hearts have shifted 23,000 for their match against Celtic.

While I appreciate that semi-final is being played in Edinburgh, it still underlines Aberdeen’s sorry attempts and their sorry standing in Scottish football. I keep hearing Aberdeen fans bang on about the Red Army and the fact they follow a big club.

Perhaps in the 1980s, but certainly not any more.

Indeed, this whole sorry episode highlights the nature of the miracle worked by Derek McInnes.

Fans are the driving force behind any club, but he’s achieved success without the drive of the Dons supporters.

I also feel sorry for Stewart Milne. I think he’s done a wonderful job during his time as Aberdeen chairman and his successes in the business world speaks for itself.

When the Dons fans were complaining about a lack of trains and the distance they had to travel for the initial midday kick-off, he backed them to the hilt.

Now Milne is entitled to feel badly let down by his supporters.

They have embarrassed him, no doubt about that.

And listen, spare me this rubbish about travelling to Hampden. It takes you three hours to get from Aberdeen to Glasgow.

These days it takes me longer to do my hair.

Also, to scatter their ticket sales instead of implementing the block booking structure they were advised to undertake also points to a tinpot mentality.

It’s understandable they don’t want to give Rangers any added advantage.

Fair enough. There’s a simple way to ensure that. Sell your tickets. The days of Alex Ferguson are long gone yet there are some Aberdeen fans stuck firmly in the past.

They do take a healthy travelling support to most Premiership grounds so I can’t for the life of me fathom what’s happened here.

It’s a national semi-final, at the national stadium, with the chance to reach a national final.

The fact it’s against one of your biggest rivals makes it even more mouthwatering.

Yet it seems the Dons fans aren’t interested. Moving forward, this could impact if a situation such as this should arise again in the future.

This was a prime example of clubs going off on one because they felt aggrieved.

The SPFL, in all fairness, listened and changed the kick off times and venues.

But what has changed? Aberdeen fans are still not travelling in their numbers.

The blazers would be entitled to tell them to ram it the next time they start clattering out statements. I’m quite sure there will be a noisy Dons support inside Tynecastle for what is a huge match for both Aberdeen and hosts Hearts.

Aberdeen are beginning to look more like themselves and they will be brimming with confidence following their 4-1 win over St Mirren in the last match before the international break.

Understandably, however, all eyes will be on Craig Levein and Hearts.

It was always going to be interesting to see how they came back after their heavy defeat at Ibrox.

But following the news that both John Souttar and Uche Ikpeazu are out for a minimum of five months the spotlight will really be trained on the Jambos.

Losing Christophe Berra was bad enough, but to now lose those two as well is a hammer blow.

Hearts have a big squad, they’ve used more players than anyone else this season. But having a big squad counts for nothing if the ones coming in aren’t up to the job.

Hearts are about to discover if they have enough quality waiting in the wings.

I don’t think they do.

Ikpeazu has been a revelation this season and the main reason Hearts are where they are in the table.

His loss is huge.

Hearts have been brilliant so far this season, that defeat to Rangers aside.

Their rise to the top of the table was refreshing to say the least. But they were never going to maintain it.

When injuries and suspensions hit that’s when all teams like Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen for that matter will fall by the wayside.

They simply don’t have the squads to cope.

I expect Rangers to battle it out with Celtic and if Hearts can finish ahead of their city rivals and the Dons then it will have been a successful campaign for them.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3372778/aberdeen-semi-final-tickets-sorry-standing-scottish-football-kris-boyd/

14 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

Ian,

Over on the German board we've kept tabs on BBC Scotland ever since 2011. Ignore the German comments, we usually C&P'ed the story and set links ... so we won't miss any deleted material:

https://www.qiumi.de/thread/36391-rangers-fc-v-bbc-scotland/